Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Injuries

Yesterday was eventful for the boys.  I got a call around 11 am from Joseph's school.  They said that he got bit by a little boy at school on his shoulder.  It was through his shirt, but they said the top layer of skin was definitely taken off.  They said they cleaned it with water and put ice on it and tried to calm Joseph down.  Apparently he was cranky all morning and he wasn't very happy when the kid bit him.  By the time I talked to his teacher she said they were doing art projects and were about to eat lunch, both things that Joseph likes to do, so he wasn't crying anymore.  They said if he started acting unhappy again they would call me.  They didn't call and when I picked him up he was perfectly happy.  He has teeth marks on his shoulder and this morning the area around the bite is bruising up, but it doesn't seem to be bothering him.

I remember a few years ago when Samuel bit the little girl at his school and the little girl's mom was a real bitch to me about it.  Now the tables were turned and  I am the mom of the kid being bit and I still can't believe the reaction of that mom.  Kids will be kids.  There is only so much you can control.  No one can anticipate when a kid is going to bite unless they do it all the time, which is a whole other issue.  Anyway, this incident made me think back to when Samuel bit that little girl and I still think I handled it well then and would do the same things now.

Also yesterday I took Samuel to the gym in the morning to try to get a workout in and get this baby out.  It was an interesting gym experience all around.  I was on a machine for about 10 minutes when this old man got onto the the machine right next to me.  I had my ear phones on listening to the TV and all of the sudden I heard him belching.  It was so loud and disgusting and it didn't stop.  He belched at least every 5 minutes and I was getting sick to my stomach.  Then another lady got on the machine on the other side of me.  Her phone rang and then she just talked and talked the entire time.  It was a very annoying 20 more minutes of working out.  I think the belching was absolutely more disgusting then the talking on the phone.  I could have handled that fine, but my goodness this guy seriously had a problem.

So after that experience, I showered and then went to pick Samuel up at the child care.  I walked in and he had a huge scratch on the right side of his face all the way from his right eye down to his mouth.  It was definitely a fingernail that did it.  Apparently a little girl he was playing with grabbed his face and scratched it.  Samuel didn't seem to mind and said it didn't hurt, but he was just mad because the little girl didn't say she was sorry.

So that was the exciting day for the boys.

I forgot to mention on my last post about my last doctor's appointment.  I made them examine me to see if anything was going on because Thursday night I had some extremely strong contractions and I was hoping that it did something.  I am 2 centimeters dilated, finally.  They couldn't feel the baby's head at all, which means it is really high up still.  That doesn't really mean anything to me though because Joseph never dropped until I was in active labor.  He wasn't low at all, but when he was ready to come out he just flew out.  I have been feeling more pressure in my pelvic area, but my contractions haven't been bad at all lately.  I have been walking like crazy, but nothing seems to do anything.  Dave wants this baby to come on the 1st of October, which is Saturday, I hope it happens!! 10 more days!

3 comments:

Mom said...

We're ready to meet our new grandchild!

Anonymous said...

you are very patient Sarah, I would have been induced by now...Isabel at 37weeks abby at 38 weeks. boy, girl, boy, girl...im still hoping you get that little princess...but a healthy boy will be awsome too. keep us all posted. remember, get the drugs...amie

Charisa said...

Wow, what a rough day for the boys! Hoping today isn't as violent! :)

I third the action about not being able to wait to meet this baby! Fingers crossed that Dave gets his Oct. 1 wish!