Monday, September 26, 2011

Continuing the Countdown

We are getting closer.  11 days until my due date.  I feel like at this point I can start counting in days since it is getting so close.  I went on two longer walks yesterday, but it didn't get anything going.  I am going to the gym this morning too.  Let's hope it happens soon.  Dave is still really pushing for October 1st.  That would be this upcoming Saturday.  It would be nice to go on a weekend.  We will see.

We had a very busy weekend.  The boys did much better at soccer this weekend.  Joseph actually participated instead of screaming and holding onto Dave the entire time.  Then we had a BBQ for Samuel's school on Saturday early evening.  We had a play date with one of Samuel's friends from school on Sunday and we just relaxed the rest of the weekend.  The boys have been pretty good lately.  It is a nice change.

I forgot to mention this last week.  I think Samuel has a crush on a little girl at school.  On Thursday night, when we were about to give the boys a bath Samuel pointed to two different objects and said, "This is me and this is Morgan."  I asked who Morgan was and he said it was a girl in his class and he liked her.  He had never mentioned a Morgan before and I hadn't seen her name on the school roster, so I thought maybe he made her up or it was an imaginary friend.  I had no idea.  The next day on the way to school, Samuel randomly said, "I really hope I see Morgan today.  I think I may hold her hand."  I said, "What?!"  Then he didn't mention her again.

When I got to school I saw the director and I asked her if there was a Morgan in his class.  She said yes that a girl named Morgan just started school that Wednesday.  She said she had forgotten to tell me, but the week before Morgan came to visit the school to see if she would fit in and all the kids were playing on the playground.  Morgan was playing by herself and the director said that Samuel went right over to her, grabbed her hand and said, "Let me show you around."  All the teachers thought it was really funny and cute.

Don't you think he is too young for this?  Holy cow.  I am not ready for him to be having a little crush on a girl.  I plan to talk to the director and his teachers today just to warn them that Samuel is very affectionate.  I know that they know that he likes to hug and kiss them, but if he really has a little crush I could totally see him trying to lay a big kiss on her.  I don't think Morgan's mom would be too happy about that.  Oh my gosh, I can't believe this already.

Here's hoping for an exciting week.  I hope we have a baby soon!!!

No comments: