Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Rainy Day

It just started to pour here. We are having quite a rain storm and lots of thunder. I really hope it doesn't wake up the boys because I finally got them both to go to sleep at the same time and I am really enjoying some alone time.

I have been trying to get more motivated to exercise. Last week and this week I went to a spinning class. Last week there was a sub for the normal instructor and she was super easy. Today I got my ass kicked. I am dripping sweat and I thought I was going to pass out I worked so hard. The class lasts 45 minutes and when I thought I was going to die I looked at the clock and we had only been going for 15 minutes. It was a great work out. I am trying to get motivated to go in the mornings around 9:30 that way the boys can play in childcare and I can get a good workout in. I am trying to attend classes because it gets me more motivated. We will see how it goes.

Today after class I was planning to take the boys to the pool for a few hours and then head home for nap time. I took them to the family changing room, got my sweaty smelly self in my bathing suit and was about to change Samuel into his suit and he went nuts. He started screaming and yelling and saying "No swim, go home." This is not normal at all. He loves going swimming and he was really putting up a fight to get in his suit, so I said fuck it we are going home.

We made it home and relaxed for a few hours. Now as I said both boys are asleep, so I am going to do as many things as I can while they are asleep.

4 comments:

Charisa said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! You're making me feel SO lazy! I haven't worked out in for ever...Need to get back in a routine again!

How do you swim with both boys? That's one thing I could never do by myself when they were so young- the pool. Go you!

Sarah said...

Actually this would have been the first time I was going to take them swimming. I bought Samuel a life jacket that is supposed to keep him floating (haven't tried it yet, so I don't know if it actually works) and I was hoping that I could get Joseph to fall asleep and then I could play with Samuel. I will let you know how it goes. I am pretty nervous.

Charisa said...

Let me know which life vest you have for Samuel. We have the Swim Ways vest for Vaughn and it works pretty well for her. I've seen a lot of those Puddle Jumpers at the pool and I'm interested in how well that one works. (It's the one that has arm things attached to the thing that goes around them and has eyes and a goofy face. Sounds pretty crazy if you've never seen them before.)

Good luck next time!

megan said...

so glad you're feeling better!! and nice work on the kicka$$ workout! :)