Monday, June 7, 2010

Catch Up

I know I haven't posted in a while. We have been really busy. Samuel, Joseph and I went to visit my family in Kansas City last Saturday and then we headed to Tulsa for the week to spend with my parents. I have lots of updating.

Last Thursday my mom came in town and we relaxed and hung out on Friday and left on Saturday to Kansas City. It was Joseph's first long car ride. He did great at first and then couldn't stand being stuck in his car seat for the second half of the drive. We were planning to stay the entire day and hang out with my grandparents, but I think it was pretty overwhelming for my grandmother. George literally barked the entire time and it was super annoying. It was wonderful for my grandparents, my uncle and aunts to be able to meet Joseph. We ended up leaving after about 4 hours and driving to Tulsa so that we could get home at a reasonable hour. It was a very long day for all of us.

Here are some pictures from Kansas City.

Samuel and Zayde
Uncle Izzy with Joseph
Bube with Joseph

Zayde with Joseph
Aunt Riva with Joseph


The Tulsa portion of the trip was super busy and went by way too quickly. I was able to get together with two of my really close friends from high school and visit with many other family friends. It just seemed like every day just flew by. It is easier to explain what we did by looking at all the pictures below.

Samuel loved shaving with Papa


We went and fed the ducks at the park


Samuel and Joseph hung out with my oldest friend, Emily. We have been friends since freshman year in high school!

Samuel spent countless hours coloring:



We relaxed:

I love this picture. Joseph was sleeping on my mom's shoulder and then Samuel wanted my mom to hold him too, so he got on top of my mom and Joseph. Obviously it woke up Joseph and he loved be squished by Samuel. The look on Joseph's face is adorable.



Samuel spent all day playing outside, here he is doing somersaults in the yard:

Exploring the rocks with Papa:
We also went swimming. It was hotter then hell in Tulsa and it was so nice to know someone with a pool. Samuel had such a great time and has no fear of the water.


Last morning in Tulsa:

Samuel wasn't so happy...

While we were in Tulsa, it seemed like Samuel's vocabulary and language skills exploded. He is talking and repeating everything. I am really going to have to watch my expletives now. Samuel can also count to 11 now on his own.

I had such a wonderful time in Tulsa. It is just nice to have quality time with my parents and be able to relax and hang out with them. I look forward to spending a week with them every year.

1 comment:

Mom said...

We had a wonderful time but it went by too fast. We really enjoyed having all of you here. The boys are so adorable. I miss having talks with Samuel and seeing Joseph's smiling face in the morning.
Thank you so much for coming to visit.
Love and miss you, Mom