Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday already

I can't believe that it is already Friday. We have had a very busy week and I really wore the boys out. Unfortunately both boys are now sick and we will be heading to the doctor at 4 today. I didn't want to go the weekend without having them checked out. I want to make sure there are no ear infections because that could make our weekend terrible.

This week has been great. Both boys are starting to nap around the same time in the afternoon, so I am getting anywhere between 1 and 2 hours of alone time. Normally I am doing laundry and cleaning up the house, but at least I don't have Samuel following me around and holding Joseph at the same time.

Monday I went and worked out at the gym and the boys played in child care. I missed the spinning class that morning so I did my own spinning workout and I was soaking wet. It was great.

Tuesday, I took the boys to the pool in the morning and then I had our new summer babysitter come in the afternoon. I had a meeting in the afternoon with Woman's Place (which I am doing more and more volunteer work for them and I think eventually will start actually working for them).

Wednesday I took the boys to their first movie in the movie theater. St. Louis Mills Mall has a summer movie series from the beginning of June through the middle of August where they have free movies for kids on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10 am. We met Andrea and Taylor at the movie theatre and it was actually a lot of fun. We saw the Veggie Tales movie which wasn't all the exciting, but it did hold Samuel's attention for a good period of time. The funniest part was that Samuel was sitting by Taylor in the movie theatre and he kept trying to hold her hand. He was also bugging her so much and she told him to leave her alone. Finally Andrea had to sit in between them. Samuel tried to hold Andrea's hand too. I guess this is what I have to look forward to when he goes to movies when he gets older. What a scary thought!

Thursday we had Samuel's last music together class. He is really starting to participate in the class, by singing and dancing along with the music. It is amazing to see what a change he has made since he starting going to those music classes. In the afternoon I had the babysitter come back over and I got to run tons of errands. Then Laura came over to hang out and when Jonathan and Dave were done with golf we all ate dinner together.

This week has been super fast and busy. It has been nice. Today we are going relax and head to the doctor.

Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: