Monday, March 15, 2010

What a weekend

We had one hell of a weekend. When I said on my last post that Dave had the bug 5 times worse then me, I changed my mind, he had it 100 times worse. He was super sick. His lasted about 48 hours or so. My sickness was terrible for about 6 hours and then I just felt like I had the flu for another 24 hours or so. My body ached and I couldn't eat barely anything. We were quite a mess this weekend, plus the weather was so terrible that I couldn't even take Samuel outside to burn off all his crazy energy.

On Saturday, my parents who were in town for a wedding came over and took Samuel out of the house for a couple of hours. We didn't really want them hanging around our house with the virus still lurking. Then on Sunday, Dave was able to take Samuel on a few errands for about 3 hours. It was so nice to have a little break. I feel like I have been hit by a Mack Truck. Samuel and Joseph have been super needy and with Dave being out of commission on Friday and Saturday, I am just wiped out.

I am feeling overwhelmed at the moment. I have so much stuff to do around the house, bills to pay and thank you notes to write and I can't seem to get anything done. Our house feels so gross to me too because we have been stuck inside and it just seems messy and dirty.

My goal in the next few hours is to clean all the bathrooms, clean up messes, workout, shower, bathe Joseph, write all my thank you cards, send out a few emails and get it all done before I have to pick Samuel up at 3:30. Joseph isn't really with this plan today. He won't stop crying and wants to be held continuously. He only stops crying when I feed him or hold him.

Time to go, he is screaming again.

4 comments:

markandandrea said...

Thank goodness you at least have a day off from Samuel with Mother's Day Out! You have a very ambitious plan today. I hope you can even get half of it done. I know I have tons of cleaning to do around here too... Good luck!

Flower Girl said...

OMG sarah. someday maybe you'll look back on this and laugh??? it just sounds awful. stay strong!! call me if you need a should to cry on... boohoooooo

megan said...

oh, Sarah! i'm glad the puking is over, but wow. i can see why you feel overwhelmed! hope things are going much better now!

Unknown said...

Hi,Sweetheart. Sorry you and your family had such a hard week. Every day brings a new challenge. Believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I love you Aunt Riva.