Saturday, March 20, 2010

Recovering

I guess I needed about a full week to recover from all the sickness in our house. I have been exhausted all week and super busy. I don't really feel like I have had a minute to myself. Actually, I just remembered that one time last week both Samuel and Joseph took an afternoon nap that lasted about 2 and a half hours. It was absolutely wonderful, but I was so busy trying to catch up on things I haven't gotten done around the house that the two hours just flew by. I am still looking around the house thinking about how much stuff I need to do.

Dave left on Thursday for a golf outing weekend and my mom came on Wednesday night. I can't imagine being here with the kids by myself. We are both so exhausted and it is the two of us. I don't know what I would do without my mom. It has been nice to just hang out the two of us as well. We don't get much just mother-daughter time. The only problem is that by the time Samuel goes to sleep at 8pm and Joseph anywhere between 8 and 9 and I am exhausted, so we don't get much downtime together.

Overall the weekend has flown by and we haven't really tackled much on my to do list, but oh well. It is just nice to be able to hang out and try to relax.

Tonight I am going to go out with one of my friends for dinner (at 8:30pm), hopefully we can get Samuel down and I can get in some good feedings for Joseph, so he can last until I get home. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can have a nice dinner and evening out.

Joseph is going to be 6 weeks tomorrow. I can't believe how quickly the time has flown. Maybe my days are running together because of lack of sleep and the fact that I normally function in a cloud for the beginning and middle of the day. I can sometimes barely form a coherent sentence. Life has definitely changed with two kids.

Here are some pictures from the last week or so:

Samuel always wants to lay right on Joseph. Poor Joseph, I guess he better get used to his big brother.



Samuel discovered these shorts in his closet and lately he refusing to take them off. He actually slept in this exact outfit last week because we couldn't get him to take off the shorts.

A couple of really cute pictures of Joseph:



2 comments:

megan said...

Hope you were able to have a nice dinner out! Love the pics. :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much older Joseph is looking. He's such a cute baby and really looks different than Samuel. 6 weeks already???? Easy for me to say, I know. :)
-Steph