Monday, March 29, 2010

One Video

Hopefully this video will come up. I got Joseph really smiling yesterday. He found his thumb on Friday for the first time, but he hasn't sucked on it since then. He also started laughing on Saturday morning. He really is starting to focus. He gets really excited when he sees Samuel coming up to him. It is really cute. I can't wait for them to really start interacting.

We bought a new running stroller on Friday. We bought the BOB Revolution. Dave said that it was awesome to push. We did a 5K race on Saturday morning. It was cold but a lot of fun. We did it with Jonathan and Laura and it was to benefit Colon Cancer research, the Undy Race. It was actually a really great race because there were lots of strollers and people brought their dogs. Some people had their dogs in undies and people ran in their underwear.

Joseph is taking his first really good nap in his crib this morning and I have to get him up in about 30 minutes to leave and take Samuel to school. I don't know if he will even last 30 minutes in his crib, but if he does it will be amazing. I had been planning to transition him from the cradle in our room to his crib at night about a week ago, but one night he woke me up because he was gagging and it sounded like he was choking and I totally freaked out. I called the pediatrician because I was worried about him choking to death in the middle of the night. They wanted me to bring him in, they wanted to check him out and make sure that there wasn't really anything wrong. They thought it was probably just acid reflux. Since we were going into the doctor I decided to also have them take a look at Samuel because he had been putting his finger in his ear and he wasn't sleeping great at night. There wasn't anything else wrong with him, but I thought it was strange that he kept putting his finger in his ear. I kept asking him if his ear hurt and he said no, but I figured I would get it checked out anyway. Turns out his ear was full of puss. I know that sounds gross, but I can't believe he had a terrible ear infection and didn't even really act sick.

So Samuel had a ear infection and they said Joseph probably just has acid reflux and he will be fine. Well, it turns out that night Joseph started to get a really stuffed up nose and is just full of snot. He has had lots of snot since last week and has been breathing with difficulty at night and I just haven't felt comfortable putting him in his crib. Hopefully by the end of this week he will clear up and I can move him into his crib. He is actually sleeping pretty well and I don't hear his noises at night, so it doesn't bother me that he is in our room.

Have a great Monday!





4 comments:

megan said...

Love the video!! He's so cute!
Sorry to hear about the cold and the ear infection too - yowza. And exciting about the new stroller! The race sounds fun too!!

Mom said...

I can't believe how much he has changed in one week. He is so adorable.

Love you.

Unknown said...

Hi my sweet Sarah. Wishing you a happey passover, we'll miss you and your family not joining us. Hoping to see you this summer. Love, Aunt Riva

markandandrea said...

Great video! Such a cute smile. And YAY for a great running stroller. Did you get it at REI? They're having 20% off one full-priced item for members now.

That ear infection sounds disgusting! But thank goodness you got Samuel checked out. I'm sorry that Joseph was so stuffed up. I hope he's feeling better.