Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Headless Chicken

I feel like I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off. For the past two days I have been so busy running errands and just doing stuff around the house and kid stuff and I am pooped.

Yesterday, I didn't sit down until 3:05 pm and that was to feed Joseph and then I left the house at 3:25 to pick Samuel up at mother's day out.

I did make an awesome dinner last night. I made a Chuck Roast. It was one of Barefoot Contessa's recipes called Company Pot Roast. It was delicious, but the recipe called for too much salt, so next time I won't use as much. It took about an hour or so for the preparation which took me about an hour and a half because I had to stop and take care of Joseph. I will make this again for sure.

Today we have been super busy as well. Last night Joseph slept for 6 and a half hours (this is the third time in two weeks). However, when he woke up at 3 am he was really restless until about 6:30. He had been really congested, but this morning he was coughing a lot. I got a little nervous because I was worried that his cold had moved from his head to his chest. I called the doctor and they wanted me to bring him in just to listen to his chest and check his ears. I was able to get Joseph to take a nap and I got Samuel to watch some cartoons in my bed and I jumped in the shower. After the shower we got all of our stuff together to go to the doctor. I gave myself enough time to run by Starbucks because I desperately needed a Chai Tea Latte.

So we got to the doctor and everything is fine with Joseph, he just has a little cold. I feel like I have been overreacting or super cautious with Joseph, but I don't want to take any chances. Since Samuel seems to get every cold possible, I want to make sure that he doesn't pass it along to Joseph. Anyway, after the doctor we headed to the park for a little over an hour. Samuel desperately needed some serious running and jumping time to wear himself out. Thank goodness we did that because when we got home Samuel ate a quick lunch and then he was off for a nap. I am really trying to get Joseph to start sleeping in his crib, so yesterday and today I am trying to get him to nap there. He has been up in his crib for about 45 minutes now and I have gone up twice to try to calm him down. I think he is finally asleep, but we will see how long that lasts.

Here are some cute pictures of the boys. I love taking pictures of them together:


Dave and Joseph:

Look at those big huge eyes. He is 7 weeks now:

Samuel really hates eating bread. But, I just discovered this morning that he loves Matzo, especially with peanut butter and honey. By the way, Happy Passover everyone!!!


Some more pictures of Samuel and Joseph this morning. Here they are trying out new dance moves (Megan, check out that shirt, that one is for you!):


This Samuel giving Joseph his big hugs. You can see Joseph's eyes about to bug out of his head because Samuel squeezes so hard. I have to keep an eye on Samuel.


3 comments:

Mom said...

OMG, they are so adorable. Joseph has the biggest eyes. I love pictures of them both together. Samuel is a great big brother. I can't wait to see my grandsons again.

Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

i love seeing my grandsons, and i miss them so much. oma

megan said...

I LOVE the pictures!!!! Especially the pirate shirt one, of course! :) They are so stinking cute.

Hope you get a few moments to relax soon!! xoxo