Friday, July 17, 2009

What a Thursday

We had an interesting day yesterday.  Samuel ended up sleeping in until 8:15.  It was a really nice morning.  Then we decided to meet Andrea and Taylor at the park.  Before we went to the park we were hanging out at our house for a little bit and Samuel smacked his head into the corner of one of the cabinets in the kitchen.  He had a nice red mark above his right eye.  He quickly recovered and we headed to the park.  The park has a little water spraying area and we tried to get the kids to play there, but Samuel was more interested in running all over the place.  We stayed for about 45 minutes because he got really hot and we headed to lunch at St. Louis Bread.

As we were in line, Samuel threw up all over himself and my hand (because I tried to catch it, which was absolutely the most disgusting thing ever).  He has done this twice now.  When he gets really hot and worked up from running around he throws up.  He did it once when we were running around the house for about 30 minutes.  Poor guy.  He gets enough hydration, I just think he gets so overheated he just yacks.  

So after he threw up and we ordered the food, I spilled a big glass of water all over the floor in front of the register.  They had to call for clean up.  Not my best moments yesterday at Bread Co.  

After we headed home, Samuel was on the porch and decided that he was big enough to walk down the one stair himself.  Well, he face planted into the concrete and skinned his head up.  I was surprised that he didn't do more damage.  

After the morning I couldn't wait to put him down for a nap.  Of all days, he only slept for an hour and half.  

Dave golfed yesterday after work, so I was home with Samuel for the evening.  I took this video of him.  We were eating mexican food, which he loves.  He always tries to hide things when he is eating, this time he did a good job of hiding his spoon.  He also does this thing with his hands and shoulders when we ask him where he put something, you will see in the video.  


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE SPOON IS PRETTY DARN FUNNY. I WISH I HAD A VIDEO OF MY GIRLS LIKE THAT. UNTIL YOU SHOWED US, I TOTALLY MISSED IT. GREAT CLIP FOR WHEN HE GROWS UP...THANKS FOR POSTING, I LOVE YOUR BLOG, AMIE

megan said...

OMG that video is hilarious!!! Cracked me up!

So glad you made it through the day without any serious injuries! Goodness.

Flower Girl said...

Sarah, I just laughed harder at that video than i've laughed in a loooong time. Samuel is HILARIOUS. What a nice mom you are for helping him find his lost spoon.