Friday, July 10, 2009

Thank goodness it is Friday

I know I have been really bad about posting, but I do have a good excuse.  Samuel has had a fever for two days straight.  He didn't sleep at all on Wednesday and Thursday night and was up both days at 5:30 am.  I am so exhausted.  It is now 8:30 am and he is still asleep.  I think his lack of sleep has caught up with him.  If he isn't up by 9 though, I am going in to check on him because he has never slept in that late.  It is kind of overcast here and still kind of dark out, so that might be a reason why he is sleeping in.  

Even though I have been exhausted, I still have found time to bake another delicious dessert.  I was watching the food network on Tuesday and Giada made this delicious looking Chocolate Chip Walnut Cupcakes.   They were very good.  I didn't put walnuts in them, because I am really not into cookies or cupcakes with nuts.  So being as tired as I have been, the cupcakes have really helped with my motivation to do things; like walking from the couch to the kitchen and back again.   

Jonathan and Laura came over for dinner last night.  We made Marinated Flank Steak (thanks for the recipe Amiee):

You marinade 1.5 to 2 pounds of flank steak for at least one day or more in this marinade:
1/4 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium)
3 TBS honey
2 TBS white vinegar
1 1/2 TSP Garlic powder
1 1/2 TSP Powdered Ginger
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 bunch green onions, chopped.  

We used Bison Flank Steak last night and it was delicious.  

I also made an Oriental Sesame Coleslaw to go with it and it was so good.

Even though I was out of control full after dinner, Laura made a homemade apple pie for dessert.  Like I said earlier, I have been craving fruit desserts lately and this was the best homemade apple pie I have ever tasted.  I am trying to decide if I should allow myself to eat today considering how much I ate yesterday.  Who am I kidding, I will probably eat just as much today too.  

2 comments:

megan said...

You crack me up so hard!!! Especially your line about motivation and the kitchen. :)

Your desserts sound great! I'm with you though, I'm not into nuts in my baked goods. I made cookies yesterday too. I was going to make those ones we made at your house, but I didn't have enough cranberries b/c I've been snacking on them. :)

Sorry to hear Samuel has been so sick!!! I hope he's feeling better today and everyone can get some sleep. :)

Anonymous said...

YEAH, I GOT MY FIX...THANKS...
I TOLD DAVE TO GET YOU TO POST, I WAS GOING THRU WITHDRAWLS WITH OUT THEM, I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE WITH MEGAN, YOU CRACK ME UP TOO. HENCE THE REASON I LOVE READING YOUR BLOG. I TOO HAVE A FLANK STEAK OUT TO MARINATE... LOVE THAT DISH BUT I HAVE NOT TRIED IT WITH BISON, WILL NEED TO DO THAT. WE ALWAYS SERVER OURS DICED UP ON WHITE CORN TORTILLAS, WITH WHITE MEXICAN QUESO CHESSE AND GUAC. HOPE SAMUEL IS GETTING BETTER. JUST TOOK ISABEL TO DR ON MONDAY TO GET HER ON AUGMENTON FOR 20 DAYS, SEEMS TO BE THE ONLY WAY TO GET RID OF HER COUGH. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, AMIE