Monday, July 6, 2009

Holiday Weekend

I can't believe that the holiday weekend is already over.  It really flew by.  We went to Michigan for the long weekend.  We left on Wednesday afternoon and drove the 8 hours to get there.  Both on the way to Michigan and on the way home Samuel only slept 1 hour total the entire ride.  I guess he is just not a car sleeper.  He doesn't seem like he is comfortable in his car seat.  I have seen those pillows that you can put around kids shoulders, like ones you use on an airplane, but I think Samuel is too young for that.  I can't see him using it.  

We had a nice relaxing time in Michigan.  It was in the 70s the whole time and just beautiful.  My parents were there too, which made the trip really wonderful.  

We were exhausted on Saturday when we drove back home and yesterday we didn't do anything.  It is amazing how exhausted I can be by just riding in the car.  

I was really craving a dessert last night and I didn't want chocolate I wanted fruit, so I made this Berry Peach Cobbler.  I used whole milk instead of half and half and I couldn't find any sliced almonds in my pantry, so I just used slivered (sliced would have been better).  It was really delicious.  





Samuel is obsessed with wearing Dave's shoes.  He tries to walk around in them all the time.  Last night we were finally able to get a picture before he fell:

Later I will try to post pictures from the weekend.  

2 comments:

megan said...

glad you guys had fun!! I love the pic of Samuel in the shoes. :)

Anonymous said...

He must know of the magic of dave's shoes!