Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I'm a slacker

I know I haven't been posting as often as I usually do, but I also haven't been doing anything around the house or at all really, except for reading.  I unfortunately decided I was going to break down and read Twilight (you the know book series by Stephanie Meyer).  That was a big mistake.  In one week I have read the first two books and I am restraining myself from starting the third one tonight.  The books are a perfect summer read or just a book to read when you think you have no time and then you realize you just spent your son's entire 3 hour nap reading these stupid books.  Since last Tuesday, I read two 500 plus page books.  They are good books.  I haven't read a book in a while that I couldn't put down.  So if you are interested, you should pick them up and read.  Twilight is the first book, then New Moon.  I will probably be starting Eclipse very soon. 

Not only have I not been posting, but I haven't been cleaning the house or cooking dinner.  It has been rough around here.  By the time Samuel wakes up from his nap and I am racking my brain for dinner ideas.  Monday night we had frozen pizza and salad, Tuesday night we had Subway subs and tonight I made turkey dogs, turkey chili, french fries and salad.  I am quite a chef lately.  Hopefully, I will snap back into reality soon and start functioning again.  

Dave and I had a date night this past Saturday.  We went to The Melting Pot for dinner.  We haven't been there in at least 6 or 7 years.  We really enjoyed the food.  Dinner took about 2 and a half hours and it was a nice break.  We ate so much.  I asked the waiter if he minded rolling us out to the car.  I was happy that I wore my stretchable jeans.  I usually have to unbutton my pants after that much food, but luckily I had a little room to spare.  Dave was surprised that I didn't unbutton my jeans at the restaurant.  

That is about all we have been up to.  

I am going to finish watching So You Think You Can Dance.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show.  

2 comments:

megan said...

I was wondering when you were going to post again! :) It sounds like you've been enjoying your time "off" though. :) I haven't read those books yet - sounds like I shouldn't start! :P

Enjoy the rest of the week. :)

Nicki said...

I just finished the last book about a month ago and I was the same way....I could not put them down! Every night, after Brody went down, I was done with the first two in about 2 weeks! It was crazy. I can't wait for the second movie to come out!