Thursday, July 23, 2009

Danger

I am having a very strong feeling that Samuel's life is in serious danger today.  He better watch out today because I am on my last nerve with him this morning.  I just keep looking at all the positives that have been occurring since 5:45 am.  When I walked into his room at 5:45 I was hoping that he was just cranky and I could rock him back to sleep, but when I walked into his room, he was sitting up and WIDE awake.  I thought that maybe we would be lucky and if I brought him into bed with us he would at least relax enough for us to get a few more minutes of shut eye.  I was very wrong.  He crawled all over us.  Every time I put my head on Dave's shoulder or on his arm or touched him in anyway, Samuel got upset and pushed me away from him.  

I think I mentioned before that when Dave and I show each other any affection in front of Samuel he gets pretty jealous.  He likes for us to pick him up so he is right in the middle of us both and likes us to jump up and down.  He is so strange.  Anyway, this morning in bed, he wrapped his arms around us both and tried to jump up in down in bed.  It was pretty funny.  Again, I am trying to remember the good parts about this morning.  

Since Samuel got up super early he was extremely cranky.  So around 8 I tried to put him down for a nap.  He only slept for about 45 minutes and was up and ready to go again.  

I decided we should go outside for a little while.  (We are stuck at home until 12 because ADT is coming to fix our alarm system.)  Samuel got down on the deck and then proceeded to go over to my plants and yanked them out of the pots.  I could have killed him right then, but I decided I would spare his life for the moment and I brought him inside.  Then I proceeded to call Dave and tell him that he may not have a son when he returned this evening.  I am not having the greatest mommy day.  Plus, Dave is golfing after work today which makes my day even longer.  I hope it rains.

On a side note, I am just gave Samuel raisins for the first time (just at this exact moment) and he is loving them.  He is quiet and happy.  He can't stop shoving them in his mouth.  I don't really want to think about the repercussions of the amount of raisins I may give him today just to keep quiet.  

I am done complaining.  I hope Samuel and I survive the day.  

3 comments:

megan said...

i know this may not have been your intention but your post completely cracked me up. :) I was super worried for a split second and then I realized that YOU were the danger. :)

Good luck, I hope the day gets better!

Anonymous said...

Rowan has been cruising for a bruising here lately too. Not that I am happy to hear you are having this much fun too, but it helps me with the sanity check thing. The only thing saving Rowan this week is knowing my parents get in town today and he can spend some quality time with people who aren't ready to hurt him :)
-Steph

Anonymous said...

OMG.... I LOVE YOUR POSTS....SO FUNNY AND I TOO WANT TO DROP KICK MY KIDS ON ANY GIVEN DAY. I AM LAUGING OUTLOUD HERE. YOU REALLY CRACK ME UP. I HAVE TOLD DAVE THIS, WRITE A BOOK, I WOULD BUY IT!!! I DO LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR "BAD DAY POSTS", NOT THAT I WANT YOU TO HAVE A BAD DAY, BUT WHEN YOU WRITE ABOUT IT, I JUST CANT GET ENOUGH!!!AMIE