Saturday, July 19, 2008

It's Official

Samuel is really sitting now.  On Friday afternoon we had Parents as Teachers come out.  They are part of our school district and workers are trained to help kids improve developmentally.  Our lady came to the house on Friday.  She said Samuel was doing really well and has hit all the developmental milestones for children 3 and a half to 5 and a half months.  While we were talking we were also playing with Samuel on the floor.  I picked him up and made him sit and he actually sat for about 30 seconds or so with no support.  He did it for the first time in front of both Dave, me and the Parents as Teachers lady.  We were so excited.  

Then this morning I was playing with him again and he sat for a really long time.  The problem he has though is that he isn't sitting straight up all the time, so there is a lot of pressure on his belly.  He throws up almost every time he is sitting.  Hopefully he will get over that soon.

Yesterday we had a pretty busy day.  We went to the pool with Aunt Laura.  I don't know what it is about her shoulder, but Samuel loves to fall asleep on her.  We were in the pool bouncing around and I noticed that his was acting like he was nodding off (he had his hat on, so I couldn't really see his face).  After about a minute, he was completely out.  We had to get out of the pool and lay him down on a lawn chair.  He slept and we got to lay out in the sun.  It was wonderful.  I haven't done that in so long.  It was so relaxing.  

I am off to do housework.  So exciting.  

 

No comments: