Sunday, July 27, 2008

Food

Yesterday we gave Samuel rice cereal for the first time.  He LOVED it.  I tasted it because I wanted to know what he was eating and it tasted really sweet, so I am not surprised that he liked it.  We took some pictures of both Dave and I feeding him.  You will also see, every time the food started to come towards him he would stick his tongue out.  Several times he grabbed the spoon and tried to shove it in his mouth as fast as possible.  Did we wait too long?  Maybe he was starving.   






Dave and I started a Liver Enhancement Diet yesterday.  We can't eat meat or much cheese (only a tiny bit of feta), dairy, starches or breads. Oh we are also not supposed to drink coffee, soda, juice.  (We did have coffee.  We are slowly going to cut that out, but we can't go cold turkey).  We can eat tons of veggies, nuts, plain yogurt, minimal fruit (but only blueberries, strawberries, grapefruit), we can eat as many apples as we want, a little bit of natural organic peanut butter.  It was difficult yesterday, but today we actually felt great.  We both had a ton of energy and felt much better.  We are going to do it for 2 weeks, so I will let you all know how it is going.  We both need to lose lots of weight, so hopefully it will help with that.

Lastly, my 30th birthday is in August and I am asking for a camera.  Anyone have opinions on either a Canon or Nikon? I have to do research and figure out which one I want.  I want a really nice one. (Not like thousands of dollars nice, but a really nice one that will take clean crisp photos and fast shutter speed and reloading).  

That is it for now.  We are going to run a few errands and maybe hit the pool.  

6 comments:

Charisa said...

Charity and Martha have the same Canon camera, not sure of the model, but it's a SLR digital one. I think they both like it. I can find out more if you'd like.

Sarah said...

Please find out more. Any information will be helpful.

Anonymous said...

I love my canon. I just have a little point and shoot digital, it's not SLR or anything. Plus it's tiny so it's super easy to tote around. I think it's an SD1000.

Sylvia said...

Hi Sarah--

Ryan (from his Best Buy experience) says two of the best DSLR cameras (ones with lenses, if this is what you want that all new parents swear by) are Nikon D40 or the Cannon rebel XTI. Go on Cnet.com for user and expert reviews.

Charisa said...

charity and marth both have the canon rebel xti.

Sarah said...

Thanks for all your help. I passed it along to Dave, so hopefully by August 15th, I will have a new camera.