Monday, July 21, 2008

Exhausted

Dave and I are completely worn out.  We had a very interesting Saturday night.  Dave went golfing on Saturday and Samuel and I were busy all day.  Then we went over to Justin and Charisa's for dinner and playtime for the adult.  Dave and I finally played Wii.  It was so much fun.  I kicked his butt in bowling, but he killed me in Tennis.  On Sunday morning Dave said that he had so much fun he wanted one now.  I don't think we will be getting a Wii, we barely have time to do everything we need to do around the house!  Anyway, thanks Charisa and Justin, we had a great time!

So after we left their house around 10:30 and got home around 11, I fed Samuel and put him back to bed.  Then Dave and I got in bed and tried to fall asleep.  All of the sudden I started hearing scratching and loud noises in our attic.  It was so loud I thought there was a human in our attic walking around.  I woke Dave up and he thought for sure it was a raccoon either on our room or in our attic.  The spare bedroom, which is right next door to Samuel's room has access to the attic, so I was freaking out that if there were raccoons in our attic they would find some way to get in our house.  I couldn't go back to sleep with all the noise.  I made Dave get up and close the spare bedroom door (you know just in case they got in the house).  Then we moved Samuel into our room in the cradle.  He made the transition from his bed to the cradle nicely and barely woke up.  Then we tried to go back to sleep.  Dave fell asleep right away, but I was still freaking out.  Then I swear the animals started jumping around.  I woke Dave up again and asked him (which by they way he finds hilarious), if the raccoons could open doors.  He asked me if I was serious.  Of course I was, those things are smart and mean.  They have thumbs too.  Just as he was laughing at me for making a stupid comment, George started barking and growling and looking outside the window.  I figured someone was scaling the side of the house because of all the noise going on on the roof and in our attic.  Dave looked out the window and said that he saw a huge raccoon coming down the gutter.  After he saw that, I didn't hear anymore noises.  

We finally went to bed (this was probably 1:30 or 2 ish).  Then around 3:30 Samuel woke up and I figured since I didn't hear any noises I would move him back in his room.  So I went to put him down in his crib and I started to hear our alarm on the house making beeping noises.  Of course I freaked out and ran back into our room with Samuel and jumped in bed.  I woke Dave up again and told him to listen because I thought that something was going on with our alarm and someone might be in our house.  Well, the battery was low in one of our sensors, so it was not connecting well and making noises.  Finally we went back to sleep.  

Today ADT is coming out to fix our alarm and Critter Control is coming out tomorrow to make sure we don't have any holes in our roof.  

Last night I went to bed around 8:00 and I am still trying to recover from the night of no sleep.   I think it is going to be an early night tonight too.


1 comment:

Charity said...

Hope you caught up on your sleep! What did critter control find?