Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

I can't believe that it is almost 2008. This is the beginning of my new life. This past Friday was my last day at work. Thank goodness. My boss was absolutely terrible. I think she was jumping for joy when she said good-bye to me on Friday. She couldn't have been happier. I came to the conclusion that the reason why she couldn't stand me working for her anymore, is because I didn't need her. She has very little self-esteem, although she will tell you very differently. She thinks she has tons of confidence and everyone else doesn't have any, but I think if you have to tell people over and over again how much confidence you have, you must have none, so you just try to reassure yourself that you do. Anyway, I was really good at what I did and I didn't need her as much. She really like someone coming to her with questions and asking how to do things.

I also think that me being pregnant and enjoying my life, really pissed her off too. She didn't like the fact that I could be happy, not practicing law. She kept telling me over and over again that I will come back to work really quickly because why would I waste my time at home with a baby when I worked so hard to get where I am today. I don't think she understands the concept of being fulfilled in other ways that don't necessarily have to do with making tons of money. Which by the way I never made working for her because she is way to selfish.

If you can't tell, I am extremely happy not to have to go back to work. It took me a couple of days to wind down. I couldn't sleep Friday night because I was so stressed out from the last 6 months of hell. Saturday night I slept great and then last night I had trouble sleeping again because I was thinking about the fact that I didn't have to go to work today. Yes!

This new year is going to be pretty exciting. We are going to have the baby is about 2 months. It is crazy. I have so much to do before the baby comes. our house is a completely wreck. I can't wait to clean everything. I will start that tomorrow or Wednesday.

Have a very happy new year everyone. I won't post again until 2008!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My last day is this Friday~ and I'll be the one jumping for joy! Miss you girlie- we need to have a date night soon :-)