Thursday, December 6, 2007

I had my doctor's appointment yesterday. The orange drink wasn't too bad, I tried to drink it as quickly as possible. It was just very sugary syrup. Kind of gross. I am happy that part is over. I haven't gotten my results back from the glucose test, but I will be very surprised if I have gestational diabetes. I feel great physically, so I don't anticipate any issues, but we will see.

I am happy though that I only gained 5 pounds since my last visit about 5 weeks ago. The doctor said that I did a very good job of the weight control especially since it it the holiday season. She said tons of people have come in and had gained 10 to 15 pounds since their last visit. I would die, if I gained that much.

I am measuring 28 weeks, only a week ahead of schedule. It is pretty exciting.

We attended a breastfeeding class last night. It was actually a very good class, we learned a lot. It didn't really help me with the fear of breastfeeding though. I know it is a wonderful benefit to the baby to breast feed, but does it weird anyone else out? I am really going to have to get used to the idea of a baby eating out of my boob. Very strange.

I can't wait to write about that whole experience.

Have a great Thursday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Breastfeeding is great, nothing to worry about, it's so natural and beautiful. The bonding between you and the baby will be so special. The only time it might hurt is when the baby gets teeth and bites down on your nip on purpose, remember Sarah!

Charisa said...

I'm keeping my thoughts to myself, but invest in lansinoh.

Sarah said...

What the heck is lansinoh?

Charisa said...

it's a topical lotion made out of pure lanolin to "ease the nipple pain". completely natural and safe to use while bfeeding. not that it takes the pain away...it sure helps.

Charisa said...

http://www.lansinoh.com

just in case you get bored.

Sarah said...

Thank you for the help. I know nothing!

Anonymous said...

I told you about lanolin too, it works great.