Monday, December 10, 2007

Nothing new

This weekend flew by and I feel like I didn't get anything done. I took Friday off and I was busy every single second of the day running errands. We had two Christmas parties this past weekend, so I was pooped. We didn't get home until after 11 on both nights and I just can't do that anymore. We ate at Flemings for the party on Saturday night. It was very good with HUGE portions. I really like their creamed spinach. That was the highlight of the night for me. I am not going to write a review for Flemings because it is a chain and anyone can go to it. I just like to write reviews for restaurants that not everyone can go to, just in case they travel through the area. It was good and over-priced, so go if you want.

I didn't mention this before, but the natural child birth classes we are taking recommend that I eat 75 grams of protein a day. Can you believe that? I can't. That is a lot of food. Anyway, I have figured out how to get a lot of protein by not eating so much. I am actually fuller by eating more protein, so I am not eating as much as I was before. Let me tell you though, it is tough to keep track of your food intake. I have never counted calories or watched what I ate, so this is kind of hard. Anyway, for the last week or so I have been trying to consume lots of protein (in between my cupcakes and cookies).

I made the best peanut butter, caramel/chocolate chip cookies this past weekend. I will grab the recipe when I get home and post it. It was amazing and easy. I don't normally eat the cookies I make, I just give them out to people, but I couldn't help myself on this one. It was soooo good.

Have a great week everyone.

1 comment:

Charisa said...

Sarah, would you mind writing something brief about Hannukah? Vance asked about it last night and Justin and I didn't really know what to tell him. Unfortunately, our knowledge of Hannukah comes mainly from Adam Sandler's "Hannukah Song".