Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer Summer Summertime

It is hot hot hot.  The weather went from chilly to 90's.  I seriously don't know how I am going to survive the summer.  I finally got myself some maternity bathing suits, so I am set to spend most of my days at the pool, but I am worried about the heat and how big I am going to be getting.

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday.  I am almost 22 weeks and I have gained 10 pounds so far.  I feel like I have gained at least 20 more.  My body feels huge.  My stomach exploded in size the last two weeks.  I still look down and I can't believe I am pregnant.  Samuel is starting to ask me almost everyday if he is going to have a brother or a sister.  This morning he told me that he really wanted another brother, but that he knew I wanted him to have a sister.  I don't know where he got that because I have never said I wanted him to have a sister.  He is getting excited because he can see I am getting bigger and he always wants to lay his head on my stomach to see if he can hear the baby.  It is really cute.  I just love how loving Samuel is.

The doctor yesterday told me not to worry about my low-lying placenta.  She said that she is almost 100% sure that it will move as my uterus gets bigger.  I will have another ultra sound the beginning of my third trimester to make sure that everything looks okay.  The only option if it doesn't move is a C-section.  She said that she isn't worried about that at all right now.

My varicose vein in my right leg is huge and disgusting looking.  I am going to be so excited to take care of that sucker once this pregnancy is over.  My body has really changed with each pregnancy.  With Samuel I got tons of stretch marks, with Joseph I got my huge varicose vein and with this baby I am getting spider veins.  My legs are looking absolutely terrible, which is depressing to me since I will be exposing them all summer.  Oh well, it will all be taken care of at some point.

We have officially started summer break and I am looking forward to lots of fun projects with the boys, lots of swimming and hopefully lots of afternoon napping for everyone.

I am off to get some stuff done while the boys are taking a rare nap at the same time.

No comments: