Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Nesting and Eating

I think I am beginning to nest.  I was feeling the need to start serious organizing yesterday.  I am also really started to freak out about having three kids.  There is just so much to do.  First on the list:  BUY A CRIB.  We are going to set up a crib in my office connected to our bedroom and I really need to get a crib and a small changing table.  I think I am just going to get on Target's website and order a crib.  I don't want anything special.  We are planning to keep the baby in that room for a while and then move it to its own room.  I want to keep our guest bedroom until we are able to finish the basement.  If we could only sell our old house.  Keep your fingers crossed everyone.

I am really in the mood lately to bake and cook.  Yesterday I made veggie chili in the crockpot (Canned Diced Tomatoes, Black Beans, Kidney Beans, Pinto Beans, Corn, Celery, Two Bay leaves, Cumin, Chili Powder, Cayenne Pepper) and had it cooking all day and then I made homemade biscuits (made with whole wheat flour and ground flax seed.  It was healthy and delicious).

I am trying to come up with more crockpot ideas because it is easy.  If anyone had good ideas let me know.

Tonight I am making lemon chicken cooked with Brussel sprouts and cannellini beans.  I will probably make some quinoa to go with it.

I have lots more ideas.  I am so sick of eating out.  Again, if anyone has yummy easy food ideas let me know.  I am all about tasty and easy for the summer.  There is just too much else going on.

Here is my list so far:
1.  Cheese Pizza and BBQ Chicken Pizza
2.  Whole Wheat Pasta with Cooked Spinach (with onion and garlic) and Tomato Sauce
3.  Taco Salad or Nacho Salad
4.  Breakfast for dinner
5.  Turkey Breast with Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Veggies, Cranberries (I have really been craving a Thanksgiving like dinner for a while.  It is definitely a pregnancy thing).
6.  Quiches
7.  Tomato Pie (Pie crust with sliced fresh tomatoes, basil and garlic topped with Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese)

That is my list so far.  I am planning to add to it and just mark things off.  I need to have ideas or I never get motivated to cook at the last minute.  I am also flipping through lots of cookbooks for baking ideas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crockpot idea. Isabel's favorite is Cornbeef and Cabbage. We do it at least once a month here. Buy a FLAT cut cornbeef, they are very lean. Cover with water about 3/4's full. Sprinkle on the packet of seasoning and add extra picking spice about 1 to 2 tablespoons... Oh heck, this will be too long, I will email it to you... Have a good day, amie