Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day Weekend

Happy Belated Father's Day.  I have absolutely no motivation to post on the weekends, so this is a late tribute to all the fathers.  Happy Father's Day to my loving Dad, to my amazing husband and to my wonderful father in law.  I am not really in the mood to be all sappy today.  So I just wanted to say that I love you all!

I am so tired today.  I can't seem to wake up.  I am contemplating having a cup of coffee.  I am sure that isn't the smartest thing to do since it is almost 1 in the afternoon and I am pregnant.  So another cup of caffeine isn't probably a good idea, but I am having a hard time functioning.

We were really busy this past weekend.  We went to Innsbrook, MO for the weekend.  We got a house on one of the lakes and tried to relax.  It was really really beautiful.  The house we rented was very close to the water so Dave and Samuel could go fishing (which they did several times).  Joseph liked hanging out at the dock too.  We played games, ran around, went to the pool, BBQ'd and it wore everyone out.  It was really nice to get away and Innsbrook is only one hour from St. Louis .  We were planning to stay until Sunday morning, but we didn't really see the point in spending the night to just wake up and come home.  So we left after dinner of Saturday night.  Samuel fell asleep in the car around 6 and was so tired and worn out that I just put him to bed as soon as we got home.  Joseph was tired too, but I couldn't get him to go to bed until a little after 7.  They were so tired that they both slept until 7 am on Sunday, which was awesome.  The place we stayed at in Innsbrook didn't have shades on the windows, so if we hadn't come home I am sure the boys would have been up super early, so it was nice to get to sleep in a bit.

I think I am so tired today because I am just worn out from everything we did too.  It was a great weekend.  I am ready to do it again.

I didn't take as many pictures as I thought, but here are a few:

Getting ready to go fishing

Playing on the deck in the water

On the dock about to fish

They caught their first fish

Eating donuts for breakfast.  They loved them some powdered donuts.



On the pregnancy front.  I am freaking huge.  My veins are popping out like crazy and the cellulite has gone nuts.  My legs are so disgusting, I am embarrassed.  I have packed on a lot of weight this month.  I think my boobs have gained at least a pound to a pound and a half each.  They are huge and killing me.  I have gained 17 pounds so far and I am so ready to be done.  I am having some serious sciatic nerve pain.  My back hurts all the time.  Depending on what position I am sitting in, sometimes I can't get up and walk.  I am trying to exercise more and stretch because it makes it feel better and I am in such a better mood when I workout.  I worked out for 30 minutes today and hopefully I can get myself and the boys motivated to get to the gym all week.  Today they had no desire to go to the pool, so we headed home after I worked out.  I am going to try swimming soon. The swim team at the MAC practices every morning, but they are normally done by 10.  It is hard to plan swimming time, workout time, lunch time for the boys and nap time.  Everything has to be done by 11:30 or 12 so I can get them home and to sleep.

Samuel is still tired from the weekend so he is actually napping right now.  I have 30 minutes to get stuff done before I need to get him up.  Lots to do.

No comments: