Sunday, June 26, 2011

What a weekend!

Dave and I are exhausted.  We kept the boys so busy this weekend and I think we only really wore ourselves out.  It is like they have endless never-ending energy.  Not like you all want to know what we did all weekend, but I am going to tell you anyway.  I want to look back and remember how much we did when I was almost 7 months pregnant.

We went to the zoo three times this weekend.  I took the boys on Wednesday and they had so much fun Samuel wanted to go again on Thursday.  The weather was beautiful this past week and I loved the idea of spending a good 2-3 hours outside.  Samuel walked for a good hour and a half on Thursday, then he asked if we could leave because he was soooo tired.  We stopped and got smoothies for lunch and then both boys took great naps that day.

Friday we just relaxed.

Saturday we took the boys to the gym day care in the morning, went out to lunch and then spent about an hour and a half at the Museum of Transportation.  The boys ran around looking at lots of different trains and we rode the little miniature train.  (I will post pictures later.  I haven't had time to download anything).  Joseph took about a 10 minute nap in the car on the way to the Museum and woke up the minute we opened the doors.  By the time we got home that afternoon is was almost 3 and we didn't want to put either kid to sleep, so we forced them to stay awake.  They both were passed out that night by 6:30 pm.  It was awesome.

Then we woke up this morning, ate breakfast and headed to the zoo again.  We walked around for a good hour, rode the zoo train, Dave and Samuel checked out the sting-rays and we walked some more.  We ate lunch at the Boathouse in Forest Park, which has delicious food.  The brunch looked great, but neither Dave or I were in the mood for brunchy food.  We headed home and both boys took a pretty good nap.  When they woke up we loaded them up again and went grocery shopping.  We got home and Dave filled up the little pool in the backyard.  The boys all played out in the back for about 45 minutes while I made THE BEST DINNER EVER.  Luckily both boys were asleep by 7pm tonight, which was so needed because Dave and I are pretty much non-functioning.

So I really did make the best dinner ever.  I will post a separate post about the dinner because it was unbelievable.  

No comments: