Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Power Outage

We survived 24 hours of a power outage.  A storm came through yesterday mid morning and it didn't seem like it was all that bad, but there was some high wind.  Apparently it was worse then I thought.  I was on my way to my haircut appointment and trees were down all over the place.

My babysitter was home with Samuel and she texted me and said that our power went out, but that it was so bright outside that it didn't bother Samuel.  I thought by the time I got home around 4 it would be back on, but it wasn't.

Samuel absolutely didn't understand that he couldn't open the fridge or the freezer or that we couldn't turn lights on or the TV.  We played a ton of games last night and wore the boys out.  We got them to bed and then it was getting dark and there was nothing for us to do.  I ended up sleeping on the couch close by the boys rooms so I could hear them if they woke up in the middle of the night or turn off all the lights when the electricity came back on.  Dave slept in our room.  We went to bed by 8:30.  I wish I could say that I got a lot of sleep, but I woke up a lot and I kept waiting for the electricity to come back on.

It didn't come back on until today around 11:30.  So we were out for a long time.  The house was hot.  I ran errands all morning so we wouldn't have to be in the house.  When I came home everything was on.  The alarm was going off, the TV was on and pretty much every light.  What a relief.  I didn't know how we could make it any longer.  I was hoping I wasn't going to have to throw everything out in the fridge and the freezer.  It seems like everything stayed cold, despite the fact that Samuel opened everything at least three times.

I am hoping to get a good night sleep tonight and relax.

We have a busy week and weekend planned.

No comments: