Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pictures and Update on Ultrasound

I didn't realize how many good pictures I had taken and not downloaded until today.  

Here is a picture of Dave with the boys:


I watched Haidyn about a week ago and Samuel was dying to hold her.  I got a couple of really cute pictures.


Now to the exciting part about our ultra sound today.  Here is a picture of the little babies face.  


The baby looked great.  I am exactly on schedule.  The baby measured exactly 19 weeks and 5 days.  The due date has not changed from October 7th.  The baby weighed 11 ounces and the heartbeat was 155 beats per minute.

I think we are having another boy, but Dave thinks it is a girl.  We have a few more months to go to find out.

So as I said everything looks great with the baby, but the ultrasound showed that my placenta is close to my cervix.  They want the placenta to be at least 2 cm away from the cervix and mine is a little under 2 cm.  I have what is called a low-lying placenta.  Since I am only 20 weeks, there is a good possibility that as my uterus grows the placenta will move up and there will not be a problem.  I have a doctor's appointment on the 31st and we will probably talk about all the different scenarios.  If the placenta doesn't move and gets closer to the cervix I will be diagnosed with placenta previa and there are lots of complications that may occur and I will have to really start preparing myself for a C-Section which is normally the only option.

There are lots of things that are up in the air at this point.  In a few weeks after talking to my doctor I will have a better idea of what is going on.  I am just relieved that the baby looks great and I am feeling overall great.

That's the update.

1 comment:

megan said...

So glad all is going well with the baby!!! Hope the placenta does what it's supposed to do. :)

Sorry to hear you're getting down from time to time and overwhelmed with all you have to do. It is totally understandable!!! Just vent away and try to find little things to make you happy. :) xoxoxo