Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad! and Sleepless nights


Happy Birthday to my wonderful Dad!  I realized that I need to start taking more pictures of the grandparents with the boys because I don't have any recent pictures.

Anyway, I wanted to wish my Dad a very happy birthday today.  We love him very much and can't wait to see him the end of this month.


On another note, last night I didn't get much sleep at all.  Samuel developed a cough yesterday and it just exploded yesterday evening and in the middle of the night.  He coughed like crazy and then around 3 am he called for me saying that he needed to come sleep with me.  I went in his room and he was burning hot.  He was still coughing but the cough had broken up a bit and the fever replaced it.  I gave him Advil and he drank water.  He asked if I would lay with him for a while.  You can't deny a sick kid their mommy.  He was miserable for about an hour and couldn't get comfortable.  Finally he turned over, faced me with his head touching mine and his legs draped over me and finally fell asleep.  I could tell when he finally passed out and his fever broke around the same time.  I finally slipped out of bed around 4:30.

I had a feeling when we were going to bed last night that it was going to be a long night, but I am already very tired.  I forgot to mention yesterday that even though this pregnancy is going great, I am having some insomnia.  I have a hard time falling asleep at night, but when I finally do I wake up every two hours to pee and normally I am wide awake around 2 am.  Then I finally fall asleep from 3 to 6.  That is usually my best 3 hours.  So last night was difficult because I was in Samuel's room during my normal sleeping time.

I am drinking my coffee (and yes I do drink caffeinated coffee while I am pregnant.  I couldn't survive the days without it.  Actually just in the last week I have been able to drink it again.  The beginning of this pregnancy I had serious aversions to coffee and now my ability to drink it is back).  Hopefully I will survive the day and not get too annoyed with the kids, since I am functioning on about 4 hours of sleep.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments: