Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rain

I am not excited about all the rain that is currently coming down and is fore casted to come down all day. It is kind of chilly outside too, which makes the rain even less fun. We are supposed to go to music class today and to be honest I am not excited about it at all. I am not looking forward to dragging both boys out in the rain and then trying to get Samuel to cooperate for an hour during class. Hopefully I will gather up some energy in the next few hours.

So I have decided at least for the next couple of days (and this started yesterday) that I am not going to drink coffee. I continually get clogged milk ducts in my breasts and they are super painful. Luckily the pain only lasts for a couple of days, but I get them all the time. I eat pretty healthy, so I don't really think it is what I am eating and I am wondering if caffeine if causing it. I had green tea this morning, so we will see. Yesterday afternoon I got a pretty bad headache, but other then that I felt great. I am just going to keep it up for at least a week or two and see what happens.

I have a serious question and I know this is disgusting to talk about, but I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions. If you don't like to talk about pooping, skip this entire paragraph. Joseph has not had a bowel movement (BM, doesn't make me think so much as poop, but reminds me of my grandmother who would use those initials all the time when it came to pooping) since last Monday. That is 10 days ago. He pooped three huge ones last Monday and nothing since. I called the doctor on Tuesday and they said that babies that are exclusively breast fed can go a really long time without a BM, but that 10 days is really the longest they have really heard of. They say that breast fed babies use all the nutrients from the breast milk, so they don't really have much waste. This is so opposite of Samuel who had a BM once or twice a day his whole life. Anyone had this issue with their kids? Any suggestions on what I should eat that might help him? I am calling the doctor again today and I know they are going to tell me to give him a suppository which is going to totally gross me out. HELP!!

On a positive note, Joseph has been taking great naps. I actually had an hour to myself yesterday, when both boys slept. I almost didn't know what to do with myself. Speaking of nap time, it is only 8 am but it is time for Joseph to go down for his first nap. He has been up since about 6:30.

Have a wonderful Thursday. I can't wait for the weekend.

2 comments:

megan said...

was that "if you don't like to talk about poop" comment for me? :) 10 days does seem like a super long time. Hope everything is ok and the poor kid poops soon!

sorry about all the rain too. This is our first sunny days in what seems like weeks.

Have a great weekend!

Sarah said...

Megan, I was thinking of you when I wrote that. I also thought that there were probably more people like you that don't want to admit that they don't like the hear anything about poop, so I figured I would put the caveat at the beginning of the paragraph to just prepare people.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.