Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I wanted to wish my wonderful and amazing mom a happy mother's day. Being a mother now makes me really appreciate how hard she worked to raise my brother and me and I think we turned out great. Thanks mom, I love you so much.

Also, happy mother's day to Dave's mom as well. She did an amazing job raising Dave and I am so fortunate to have married him because he is the most wonderful husband and father.

Lastly, happy mother's day to all the mothers and to-be mothers out there.

Last night Dave popped open a bottle of champagne for celebrate Mother's Day early. It was so delicious. I was hoping for a relaxing night, but I am pretty sure that Joseph is teething and growing at the same time. He is pretty cranky and he wants to eat constantly. He was up every two hours last night, which is not normal for him at all. I hope tonight he goes back to sleeping well.

This morning, we planned to go to the Missouri Athletic Club for Mother's Day brunch. It wasn't as relaxing and enjoyable as we had hoped. Samuel and Joseph were not that bad, it is just that they were on the brink of a breakdown the entire time. Samuel wanted sugar packets non-stop, he sucked down a huge cup of chocolate milk, ate fruit, eggs and bacon and almost threw a fit about being in his booster seat, so we shoveled food down our mouths and got the heck out of there. Dave and I were really looking forward to the brunch because we have been eating really healthy all week and we were waiting to pig out, but we weren't able to eat as much as we wanted. I guess it was for the best.

Here are pictures from this morning before we headed to brunch.




At brunch:


I realized when I downloaded the pictures from today that I hadn't downloaded pictures for over a month, so here are lots of pictures.

We went to the park the other day and we got some great pictures of Samuel:


Is this not just pure happiness:

Samuel and Joseph:



Joseph's 3 month picture.
Look at his big huge brown eyes:

Here is Samuel chowing on a cookie. Look at his big blue eyes:

Other 3 month pictures of Joseph:


Comfy and cozy and his carrier and enjoying his fingers:



These are a cool series of pictures. Samuel was throwing a fit and jumping up and down and I was able to get him jumping and I thought even though he was driving me nuts and going crazy, at least I got really cool pictures. He got a lot of air on this jump:





4 comments:

Mom said...

Love the pictures! They don't look anything alike but they are both so CUTE! Love you.

markandandrea said...

Great Mother's Day photos! You look fabulous. Sorry brunch was such a challenge. Hope they were little angels for you the rest of the day.

megan said...

Happy Mother's Day!!! (a day late, sorry!)

I LOVE all the pictures!!! They and you are so adorable!!

Unknown said...

Good day Sarah.
The pictures are great. It takes me back to when Erika was a baby. She knew every word to Labyrinth lol. I see pure innocent in Joeseph's eyes,and what can I get into next in Samuels eyes. Good job. Love, Riva