Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tired

It is hard to get back into the grove of things around here.  We had a great time in Tulsa.  The week went by quickly.  We were there an entire week and I didn't even yell and scream at my parents once.  

On both drives up to Tulsa and back to St. Louis, I tried to leave in the afternoon so that Samuel would take his afternoon nap and it would be a somewhat easy drive.  Well, both ways he only slept 30 minutes.  He normally takes at least a 2 hour nap in the afternoon.  I thought we would be terrible, but he was actually great.  He sat in the back and looked around, jammed to the music and thankfully we have the video player in our car and he loved it.  He doesn't ever watch movies, so when  I popped in one 45 minute movie each way and he was really happy.  By the way, I really hate Thomas the Train.  He is an annoying little shithead.  Those videos annoyed the crap out of me and I wanted to kill Thomas.  I don't know if it was because I was stuck in the car, but my goodness, he totally sucks.  

So while we were in Tulsa, we ate tons of fish.  Dave doesn't like to eat fish, so when I go to visit my parents that is what we try to eat.  Samuel loved everything we gave to him.  

My mom and I went on a few really nice long walks.  One morning we headed out with Samuel and George for a 4 mile walk.  Exactly halfway through it started raining.  My mom took Samuel to the golf course locker room and I had to run about a mile and a half home to get the car.  I was pretty impressed that I made it home in great time, soaking wet and freezing, but in great time.  

The entire trip was nice and relaxing and it is hard to get going again around here.  

Today I have to take Samuel to his 15 month doctor's appointment.  More shots.  I am going to get us ready to go.  

1 comment:

megan said...

You crack me up!!! "By the way, I really hate Thomas the Train. He is an annoying little shithead." :)

So glad you had a nice trip and Samuel was good in the car and everything. And nice job on the run in the rain! :)