Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to our two wonderful fathers.  Also a special fathers day to my husband who is an amazing dad to Samuel.  

We had a full house for the past 3 days.  My parents and Dave's parents came in town starting on Wednesday night.  Dave and I took our dads to the Cardinals/Tigers baseball game.  We had great seats and we were actually not that hot.  It was a great evening.  The grandmothers took care of Samuel for the evening and we had a great night.  On Friday night we had a big Father's Day dinner.  The heat really wore us all out, so we all went to bed early.  Everyone left on Saturday.  Today we are celebrating Father's Day with just the three of us.  






I am pretty sure we are going to brunch, as soon as Dave wakes up (I'm letting him sleep in this morning).  I thought I was going to make BBQ brisket sandwiches and a veggie casserole for dinner, but yesterday Dave said he changed his mind.  So hopefully once he wakes up he can tell me what he wants for dinner.  

On Friday morning and Saturday morning, I ran 5 miles.  The humidity and heat was so terrible on Friday morning.  I felt terrible.  It took me an hour to do the 5 miles.  Then on Saturday, Dave and I ran together and we did it in 54.30 minutes.  I cut my time by 6 and a half minutes.  Even though the humidity and heat were a little lower on Saturday, I think just running with another person made it so much easier.  We are slowly trying to increase our mileage.  We will see.  

Have a great Sunday everyone!

2 comments:

megan said...

cute pics, looks like a fun night! And WAY TO GO on the runs!!!!!!!! nice job! And are those times while you are pushing that baby stroller???? I know that is hard work!

Charity said...

what is in the veggie casserole?