Monday, June 15, 2009

And the week begins

We were in Cincinnati for the weekend for John Ashcraft's wedding.  We had a great time.  It was the first time in a long time that our whole group was able to hang out without kids.  Oma came for the weekend to hang out with Samuel.  I know they had a great time except that on Saturday night Samuel got a fever and was up all night.  Although I wished I was home with him, since he wasn't feeling great, I knew he was getting the best care he could get.  

When we got home yesterday he was attached to me.  He has four teeth coming in, so I know he is miserable.  Last night he was up every hour until about 11:30.  Finally I just brought him into bed and he slept for a good 3 or 4 hours.  I think it was around 4 am that I gave him more Tylenol and put him back in his bed.  It is now 9 am and he is just starting to wake up.  I have had a nice morning getting things organized for the week.  

Today, Samuel and I are going with Jonathan and Laura to Crown Candy Kitchen for an early lunch.  I have been there one time and it was yummy.  

Savta, Papa, Oma and Opa are coming in on Thursday to celebrate Father's Day weekend.  Dave and I are taking the dads to the Cardinals vs Tigers baseball game on Thursday night.  Should be lots of fun.  

I am off to get Samuel and to start our day.  


2 comments:

megan said...

glad to hear you had fun in Cincy!!! How was Crown Candy Kitchen? I went there once, yummy!! I hope Samuel is feeling better soon!!

Sarah said...

Crown Candy was so good. I had the best egg salad sandwich, I have ever eaten. I think I may have to go back every week for that. Samuel is so much better, he is just teething.