Thursday, November 17, 2011

Where does the time go?

If only I had more time and then once I found it I wasn't so exhausted.  I am struggling with finding time for myself.  Although I normally have a babysitter on Fridays I am usually running to the grocery store or attending appointments.  Time is just flying.  Simone is 6 weeks already.  I have felt like with the third baby the weeks just fly.  When I have time I am unloading the dishwasher, loading it, doing laundry, cleaning up toys, figuring out what to make for dinner, etc.  You know the list goes on and on.  It is going to take me a while to get in a better routine.  

This winter is going to be rough.  I can't really take all three kids out.  It is just too much work right now.  I already feel like I am stuck inside the house all the time and it isn't even freezing cold yet.  Oh well.  I need to figure out good activities for the boys.  The problem is that their attention span is about 10-20 minutes tops.  So it is hard to come up with tons of things to do.  We all get bored and get on each others nerves.  Thank goodness for school!

My emails are starting to pile up.  I barely have time to respond to anything.  I think I have about 30 emails to read and at least half I need to respond to.  Sorry if you are one of those people.  I will get back to you eventually.  I am not intentionally trying to ignore anyone. I barely have time to even shower during the day (normally I don't).  Alone time is very limited.  I don't even get to go to the bathroom by myself.  I try to sneak off and if one of the boys sees that I have disappeared, they run to find me and they have to bug me until I am finished.  There I times when I have to run to the bathroom, lock the door behind me just in order to take a pee by myself.  Oh the joys of motherhood.  

Last weekend Dave and I did get a break.  Oma and Opa were in town and they wore the boys out everyday.  On Saturday night they watched all three kids and Dave and I got an evening out to ourselves.  We left around 4:30 and got back around 8 pm.  It was a wonderful break and we really needed some time alone.  By 8 we were exhausted and ready to go to bed.  Times sure have changed.  I don't think we could handle a late night out anymore.  That would wreck us for at least a week.  

Here are some pictures from the past few weeks:

I figured we should get a picture of me with Simone when she is a baby.  I am always taking pictures so I am rarely in the pictures.  I know later I will be upset if I don't get more of me with the kids when they are little.  Anyway, we are both smiling in this picture.  

A rare showing of affection by Joseph.  It doesn't happen very often, so we all cherish the times when he gives hugs, kisses and snuggles.  He LOVES Simone, so she gets most of the attention right now.  

Here are the boys with the sister.

Joseph always sticks out his bottom lip when he get mad or frustrated.  I was finally able to get a picture of it.

I wanted to take a picture of how tiny Simone is right now.  She is already growing so fast.  

Oma and Opa with the grandkids.  Of course, we can't get a good picture of the boys because they won't sit still.  They both had to have their own camera.  At least that sat still for a few pictures.  

Oma and Opa with Simone.

Before Oma and Opa left Joseph was playing with their suitcase.  He was making funny faces and looked so cute.

I have gotten a picture of all the kids sleeping in their car seats, so I couldn't leave Simone out.  She fell asleep on the way to Samuel's school.  She didn't sleep long like that, but I took the 15 minutes!

2 comments:

megan said...

i love all the photos!!!! i hope you can keep those boys busy and find a little bit of time to relax!

Flower Girl said...

hi sarah,
such a good question... where does the time go?? i am totally struggling with that too. and i miss you! we'll catch up soon. i love love love all the pics!