Thursday, November 3, 2011

Twillight Zone

I should still be sleeping, but I am in disbelief.  Last night was a rough night.  Simone would not go to sleep.  She was screaming from about 8:30 pm until 11 pm last night.  I didn't know what was wrong.  She kept acting like she was hungry and wanted to eat non stop.  I kept feeding her and thinking that she was going to throw up all over the place because of the amount of food she was eating.

Dave slept in the guest bedroom because we weren't sure when she would go to sleep and how many times she would wake up.  By 10:45, I was rocking Simone and crying because I didn't know what to do to get her to stop crying and freaking out.  I thought about waking Dave up because I wasn't sure how much more I could take.  Then all of the sudden a little after 11 she started eating again and passed out.  I was worried about moving her around too much because I didn't want the crying to begin again.  After about 15 minutes I wrapped her up in a blanket, transferred her to her cradle and said a little prayer that she would sleep longer then 2 hours.

Well, it is now almost 7 am and she is still sleeping.  Can you believe it?  I can't and that is why I am up right now.  I have been up since about 4 am and then tossed and turned until 6.  I was so worried she wasn't breathing anymore.  By 6 am my boobs were rock solid and I was in a ton of pain.  Dave was supposed to get up and work out around 5, but I hadn't heard him leave so I went to the guest bedroom and he was still sleeping too.  I told him that Simone had slept all night and we couldn't believe it.

I wasn't sure when she was going to get up, but I couldn't stand my boobs any longer. I pumped and she is still asleep.  I am in shock.  I know I should be sleeping and enjoying this amazing night of sleep, but I was and am still too freaked out.  When I looked at the clock at 4 I was in shock then, this is unbelievable.

I am sure this will not happen again for many many weeks, but I will take what I can get.  It is hard to go from 4 weeks (actually many months) with no consistent sleep, to a full night of sleep.  I don't remember the last time I slept through the night.  I will not freak out again if she is going crazy until 11 at night.  Clearly she just wanted to eat and all the crying and screaming completely wore her out.

I guess I will go make some coffee right now.  I don't even know what to do with myself.  Happy Thursday!!!

1 comment:

megan said...

wow, what a crazy night!! so glad you finally got her to sleep. :)