Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ultra-sound


I had my ultra-sound today to check my placenta.  I am 28 weeks and 6 days.  Exactly on schedule.  It is growing at the exact perfect pace.  The baby currently weights 2 pounds 13 oz.  I forgot to ask about the heartbeat because I was so excited to see all the pictures.  Because they had to get a good look at my placenta they did a 3D ultrasound too, so I got to see some great pictures.  

The baby would not keep its hands away from its face.  I was telling the ultrasound tech that at 20 weeks Samuel was already sucking his thumb and we saw it on the ultrasound.  Then all of the sudden this baby started sucking its thumb.  It was so clear, I saw the cheeks moving and everything.  I don't know what came over me, but I just started crying.  It was so amazing to see how much the baby has grown.  It reminded me of when I saw Samuel for the first time and I just could control the tears.

Everything with the baby looked great.  The best part too is that my placenta has moved away from my cervix.  We are in good shape.  I can now have a vaginal birth, if that is the way it is going to go.  I felt so relieved.  

Here are pictures of the little baby!

This is looking straight down from the top of the head.  You can see that a hand it up by its mouth and it is clearly sucking its thumb.  

Profile picture

3D images.  You can see the face and the arm is right next to the face.  

This is a better picture of the face.  The nose looks really big because they had to zoom in a lot to get a good picture of the lips and chin.  You can see on the chin that it has a little dimple in it just like Joseph has.  It definitely has my nose too, just like both boys.  I can't wait to see this baby in person.  It sucks its thumb like Samuel and has a chin like Joseph.  I can't wait to see all its other characteristics. 

2 comments:

Laura and Jonathan said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That is one BEAUTIFUL baby! I love my niece or nephew so much already. I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say I think it is totally a girl. She looks so feminine to me in the 3-D pictures. Either way it will be absolutely perfect, but I just saw a girl when I looked at those pictures for the first time. I can't wait to meet her! :)

megan said...

yay!!! cannot wait to meet the newest baby!!