Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Freedom for Now

I had my doctor appointment today.  I am not dilated yet thank goodness.  No bed rest yet.  I am not supposed to do aerobic exercise though.  I can do weights and squats, toning things but I can't get my heart rate up or really exert myself.  I have two months of no exercising, which isn't too bad.  I am going to enjoy it for now.  I just need to watch what I am eating so I don't balloon up these next few months.

I am going every two weeks now.  I have to watch my contractions and just relax as much as possible.  The baby has gotten huge.  At my last appointment 3 weeks ago, I was measuring right on schedule, now I am a little ahead.  I am 30 weeks on Friday, but I am already measuring about 31 weeks.  I know they are going to be paying a lot of attention to the size of the baby because I can't have another one as big as Samuel.  I guess at the next few appointments we will probably talk about natural inducement and preparing for an early delivery.  I may be having a September baby.  Dave really wants it to come on October 1st, so it would be 10-1-11.  We will see.

My babysitter is coming back on Thursday, so I am going to plan a day of errand running.  I need to get a few newborn baby outfits for the hospital and start thinking about what I am going to bring.  I want to last at least 7 more weeks, but I guess you never know.

We will probably try to set up the crib and changing table this weekend and get the office/nursery a little more organized.  There will be a lot of changes soon.

It is getting closer and I am so ready for this pregnancy to be over and meet our last Glasser baby.  I can't wait!

4 comments:

megan said...

SOOOOOO exciting!!!! Cannot wait! :)

Sarah said...

So I think you ought to hold out for 11-11-11. And maybe 11:11 am/pm. That isn't too much to ask, is it? So excited for you all!

Anonymous said...

10-1-11 would be awesome. a math problem and a binary reference at the same time. the kid will be a computer genius.

Charisa said...

Glad to hear you had a good appointment! Can you imagine if you had to go on bed rest?!? Take it easy on yourself!