Friday, July 15, 2011

28 weeks

It seems like I really only have time right now to post once a week.  The weeks are flying by and I am just so exhausted I don't really want to do anything.

I am 28 weeks today.  I feel so lucky to have reached this point.  I always am relieved when I get through the first trimester and then again at 28 weeks.

I have started to feel really emotional.  I feel this overwhelming need to just start crying.  It is such a crazy feeling.  I know my hormones are going nuts.

We finally bought a crib and changing table last weekend and it will be delivered soon.  Once we get that set up and I wash the newborn clothes I have I will start to feel calm again.

Overall I am not that stressed about the prospect of having another baby or how crazy things are going to be, but I am stressed out.  I have been having a lot of contractions for the past few weeks.  At first I would have a random one that was really strong and painful, but now I am having that more often.  I posted before that I have to start keeping track of my contractions if they start coming fast and I have to call the doctor if I have more then 10 in one hour.

Last night around 9 pm I started having a ton of contractions and several were very strong, hard and long.  I started to get a little bit worried and was about to start keeping track of how often they were coming when they just stopped.  It was scary from 9-9:30, I had one more around 9:45 and then it ended.  I didn't have anymore the rest of the evening.

I am trying not to do too much.  It seems like when I relax they come more often.  It doesn't make any sense, but  that is what is happening.

I have another ultra sound next week and then a doctor's appointment the next Tuesday.  I will be almost 30 weeks at that point.

This baby is feisty.  It doesn't seem like it is happy with the close quarters in my uterus.  First lesson it must learn is that Mommy is in charge! It better calm down and stay in there for a while longer.

Well, I wish I had more of a break but Joseph is already waking up.  He doesn't nap longer then a few hours.

I am going to try to stay cool and hydrated.  We are having a heat advisory around here starting on Sunday through all next week.  It is going to be miserable I am sure.

No comments: