Friday, July 8, 2011

Long week

We haven't had the most exciting week.  Joseph was sick most of July 4th weekend.  He had a fever, running nose and cough, but acted completely fine.  He didn't have a fever on Tuesday or Wednesday at all, but then Wednesday night was a complete mess.  He was up pretty much all night screaming.  It started around 9 pm.  We got him to go back to sleep a few times, but it only lasted about 5 minutes.  He just continued to scream.  I told Dave we should just bring him in our room, so I think around 10 we brought him in.  He just screamed and screamed.  He only wanted me to hold him and he wanted to lay right on top of me.  Dave finally moved to the couch to try to get some sleep.  I have no idea when Joseph actually fell asleep, but at some point he did and so did I but only for about a couple of hours.

I had a feel that he had a ear infection, just because he was so miserable.  I took him to the doctor yesterday and he has a double ear infection.  No wonder he was such a mess.  He took a 3 hour nap yesterday and slept all night (well until 6:30 am).  He is a little cranky today, but is so much better.

What a night!  I wasn't that tired yesterday, but today I am pretty exhausted.  It is really hard to only get a few hours of sleep.  Plus as I mentioned in a previous post I am starting to have contractions.  Some are just tiny ones, but others are big, strong and painful.  Because Joseph wanted to sleep pretty much on top of me, I had contractions all night long because of the pressure on my stomach.  It wasn't comfortable in so many ways.

This is actually the first time Joseph has ever slept in our room at night.  He doesn't get sick that often and never was so uncomfortable that he needed to sleep with us.  I remember having Samuel in bed with us all the time.  Even though I felt terrible for him and it was uncomfortable for me, I did like having him right next to me.

I also had a doctor's appointment yesterday.  I am now 27 weeks.  This pregnancy has been moving pretty quickly.  While she was measuring me and listening to the heartbeat, I started to feel a lot of pain in my stomach.  The more she pushed around, the worse the pain was.  When I looked at my stomach I was having a huge contraction.  My doctor said she was impressed with how a long hard contraction it was and asked how long I have been having contractions.  When I told her two weeks, she wanted to check to see if I was starting to dilate.  Luckily I am not dilating yet and there weren't any signs that the lining was thinning, so she was pretty relieved and so was I.

At this point I can continue to keep up all my normal activities and I can exercise, but I have to start keeping track of how many contractions I am having, even the non-painful ones.  If I have more then 10 in one hour I have to call and come in to see the doctor.  She wants to see me again in 3 weeks to check me out again.

I also have to get another ultra-sound to check my placenta to see if it has moved from my cervix.  I will probably have that in the next few weeks.  I haven't had any spotting or bleeding, which is a really good sign that it has moved, but we have to make sure.

I am keeping my fingers crossed (keep yours crossed too) that I don't have to limit my activity or go on bed rest.  I would go nuts, so would the boys.

I'm off to figure out what to do with the boys.

No comments: