Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Busy Weekend, Busy Week

We had a very busy weekend.  We went to Michigan (I will post pictures later, I haven't even had time to download them yet) for our yearly visit.  We got to see family from The Netherlands and Canada.  It was a nice but short visit.  We left on Friday evening and didn't get into to Michigan until around midnight, then we had an early flight out on Sunday morning.

The kids were so busy playing all day on Saturday that they were worn out for a few days when we got back.

On Sunday, Dave and I went to the U2 concert.  It was a great concert.  They sounded amazing live, better then on any album I have ever heard.  If I had a bucket list started, seeing U2 would have been on the list.  I love their music and I always wanted to see them.  I got some good pictures that night too.  We didn't get home until around 11:30, so needless to say Dave and I were worn out from the long weekend.

I have been trying to relax a little bit more this week, but it is hard because the boys need to be busy.

Joseph I think is already entering the terrible two's and Samuel is full into the ridiculously difficult three's.  There are a lot of tantrums going on in this house, lots of time outs, lots of correcting, lots of figuring out how to parent and lots of patience.  There are many times a day that I want to lock both boys in their rooms and not let them out.

This hot weather is killing me.  I have no energy to do anything.  I can't wait for it to start cooling down a little bit.

I washed all the newborn baby clothes that were all unisex.  I figured I wouldn't wash all the newborn boy clothes until I knew for sure what we were having.  I still think I am having a boy, but the other night I kept dreaming about having a girl.  We will find out soon enough.

We are off to play.

1 comment:

megan said...

glad you had a good trip! You should have told me you were to U2 there - we almost went too! That could have been the deciding factor. :) Hope those boys ease up a little on their trying behavior - no one wants to deal with that in this awful weather! yuck.