Thursday, March 24, 2011

Queen of Craps

This past weekend, Dave and I went to Las Vegas for the start of March Madness.  I had been really looking forward to the trip.  We really wanted to get away and try to relax.  Vegas was packed because not only was it full of guys watching and betting on basketball games, it was also St. Patrick's Day.  People were out of control wasted, loud and throughly enjoying themselves.

A little bit about the boys before I get into our complete Vegas trip.  My in-laws stayed with the boys in St. Louis and kept them very busy the whole weekend.  Joseph caught some virus, so he had a fever for a few days that soon developed into a cough.  He is almost over the cough, but he passed the virus along to Samuel, who now has had a fever for the past two days and a nasty cough.  He is coughing so hard he can't even take naps.  It is terrible for both of us!

Samuel had so much fun going to the park, painting, playing with play-doh, creating sidewalk art and running around the zoo.  He was worn out after the weekend, but had so much fun.

Joseph over the past two weeks has turned into quite the cuddler.  Right before we left for Vegas he started to want to be rocked at bedtime instead of bounced.  He has never been a rocker and didn't really enjoying cuddle time.  I was a little sad because Samuel always wanted to cuddle on the couch or before bedtime.  Joseph was always business.  When he was tired he wanted to be bounced and then put in bed.  When he hurt himself he needs a little kiss and a pat and he is good.  He never wanted a lot of attention.  Now he comes over to me when I am sitting on the floor and lays on my lap, he wants to be rocked every night and he has become so much more of a lover and I am loving it.  It is so much fun to have two boys that like to cuddle with their mom.

Okay, so back to important business...our Vegas trip.  We got in on Thursday and pretty much ate food and relaxed.  We were waiting for our friends Cara and Jon to get in town, they were there for the March Madness weekend too.  We ended up eating dinner with them and then gambling a bit and we headed to bed relatively early.  I wanted to sleep in all weekend, but I was up by 5 am all days because it was 7 am in St. Louis and that was past my normal wake up time.  I couldn't get myself to sleep in, which was a drag.

Friday afternoon was the beginning of my amazing Craps experience.  I have only played craps a few times in my life and wasn't really into it.  It seemed like money just flew off the table and didn't land back in front of me, so I was never really a fan of playing.  On Friday morning, Jon said that he would teach me how to play again and then I had my first opportunity to roll the dice.  Let's just say the three times that day that I was able to roll the dice, I seriously had the "hot hand in the dice game!" The first time, I threw the dice for about 10 minutes.  I did pretty well, but not great.  I did make us a little bit of money but nothing spectacular.

Dave watched basketball all Friday morning and then we met up for lunch and headed to Ceasar's.  We ate a great lunch and then we were heading back to our hotel, walking through the main gambling area in Ceasars and noticed that they had a $10 craps table that was completely empty.  Because I had told Dave how well I threw the dice in the morning he suggested that I try again.  This time around I threw the dice for at least 30 minutes and the table filled up within minutes.  There were guys at both ends screaming and yelling because I was hitting crazy numbers and making people some serious money.  When I finally crapped out I was shaking with excitement.  My adrenaline was pumping and it took me a long time to finally calm down.  I was on such a high the rest of the afternoon.

Then that evening, we went to dinner at Koi at Planet Hollywood, which was absolutely delicious.  I recommend going.  Then we decided to walk around and maybe a gamble a little bit.  We got to the Paris hotel and decided to try our changes again at craps.  We were at one end of the table and everyone at the other end threw the dice and they did shitty.  Everyone at the table was losing tons of money.  After about 20-30 minutes the dice finally got to us.  Jon and Dave didn't do a good job at all when throwing the dice and then it was my turn.  I was feeling pretty good after my morning, but I thought my luck was probably over.  Luckily for everyone at the table I still had it that day.  I threw the dice for probably 30-40 minutes.  People were screaming and going crazy.  One guy at the other end of the table was bowing down to me (that was awesome and what my husband does everyday, but it was nice for someone else to do it as well).  It was another amazing experience.  I think I may be in love with playing craps.

You might think that I made shit loads of money for myself, but surprisingly I didn't.  When I am throwing the dice I get really nervous about putting lots of money on the table.  I keep thinking that if I put more money out then I will lose it all and I don't like that feeling, so I put the minimum and just hope that I make money for others (especially my husband).

We had such a great time.  I love kid-less vacations.  I love my kids, but I love having alone adult time with Dave too.

Now I have to go deal with my kiddos.

No comments: