Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 3

I have begun my third day of no breastfeeding.  So technically I have completed 2 and a half days.  I slowly tried to ween Joseph.  Cutting off one breastfeeding every week.  The last week or so I was alternating between doing a morning feeding and a night feeding, then I just decided on Wednesday morning that I was done.  He wasn't all that interested anymore and it was becoming more of a pain.  Plus he really needs to start drinking more milk, which he is doing a great job of right now.  The good thing is that I never had to get rid of bottles for him because he never took one.  He drinks everything out of a sippy cup.  The downside is that my boobs today are killing me.  They are just sore.  They don't seem that full, which is good but they just hurt.  Hopefully in the next few days everything will start feeling better.

I was so tempted to feed him last night because he was up from 1 until 3 screaming.  We normally just let him cry himself back to sleep, but he was going nuts.  Dave and I alternated going in his room.  We were worried he was hot and then cold and then thirsty and the list goes on.  We smelled him to see if he pooped because he goes nuts when he has a poopy diaper, but we didn't smell anything.  Finally he fell back asleep, but was up by 6:30.  When I went in to change him this morning, he did in fact poop.  Dave and I learned that if he is going crazy in the middle of the night for no reason and we can't calm him down, even if he doesn't smell like poop we should change his diaper.  That probably would have saved us an hour and a half of screaming time last night.  Luckily with all the screaming he didn't wake Samuel up, so that is one positive.

Yesterday I said how terrible I was feeling.  I realized that I haven't had much time to work out because the boys being sick and their nap schedules have been off, so I haven't gotten a break at all.  Well, Joseph fell asleep on the way to pick Samuel up from school and Samuel told me if didn't feel like taking a nap yesterday, so I packed them up and headed to the gym.  I worked out for about 45 minutes and it was wonderful.  I think all I needed was some exercise time.  If the napping doesn't work again today, we are going back to the gym.  It is a win for everyone.  They get playtime and I get alone time.

Happy Friday!!!

1 comment:

Charisa said...

Glad you're feeling better today!