Friday, February 25, 2011

And the sickness continues

Joseph is feeling much better, but still has a little bit of a cough left.  It is really loose and he is so much happier and sleeping all night again.

Now, Samuel has been home yesterday and I am keeping him home today from school because he has a fever ranging from 100 to 101.8.  He has a nasty cough, but still nothing like Joseph's.  He just feels terrible.  He has been sleeping pretty well at night, but has been waking up around 4am about an hour after the Advil has worn off.  He is miserable when he first wakes up, but then is fine most of the day.  Luckily for me he took a great nap yesterday and so did Joseph.  I was able to get on the treadmill and shower all while they were asleep.

I am so tired at night that I pass out and Dave says that I am snoring like crazy as soon as I fall asleep.  I know I must be because my throat is killing me.  I have a little bit of the sniffles too.  Dave is fighting this cold too.  Basically out house is a mess.

We need to get healthy and quick because Samuel's birthday is next weekend.  I think we are going to take it easy this weekend and everyone will hopefully be better soon.

Joseph cut another tooth yesterday.  He has a total of 8 right now.  Again I think his ear infection was caused by him about to cut a tooth.  For the past couple of months every time he is about to cut a tooth he gets an ear infection.  He has many more teeth to go, so I hope this pattern doesn't continue.

I am off to deal with sick kids and try to relax today myself.

2 comments:

Charisa said...

Drink some emergen-C and try to fight it! So sorry to hear about the boys being sick.

I didn't send Vaughn to school yesterday. She's fine, but the director let me know that they had sent 4 kids home the previous day from her classroom with RSV. So we walked into school, heard the news, and both of us walked right back out.

I feel like building a bubble and staying inside until it's spring!

Take it easy over there!!!

megan said...

hope everyone is getting better quickly! I cannot believe it's already Samuel's birthday coming up!! Holy cow. take care of yourselves!!