Tuesday, February 8, 2011

One Year Old

My baby Joseph turned 1 yesterday.  I can't believe how fast this year has gone.  For the most part Joseph has been an awesome baby.  He is very laid back, cuddly and absolutely beautiful.  He went through one period of time were he was pretty terrible, but it was when he couldn't figure out how to roll around or get anywhere and he would just scream non-stop because he wanted to move and play and didn't know how.  Once he figured out he could roll places he was back to being a happy baby.  He is so different then Samuel in so many ways, which makes life so exciting.  There is never a dull moment.

Although Samuel is very independent and wants to do things "all by myself!", he doesn't really like to be by himself.  He always has to have other around him.  Joseph loves to play by himself.  He can play for almost an hour with toys or just crawling around.

He is a lover, just like Samuel.  They both love to cuddle and get lots of kisses, which I am enjoying so much because I know in a few years neither one of them will want their mommy's kisses.

Joseph is quite the talker.  On Sunday, we all think he said LaLa, Lola, and Uncle Jonathan.  Whatever we say he always tries to repeat.  He is way more advanced verbally at this age then Samuel, but he isn't quite ready to walk.  He cruises and uses his walkers, but he isn't ready to let go.  He gets really nervous and just sits down.  I am sure he will take off soon and we will be wishing he was only crawling.

We went to the doctor today and Joseph is just a tiny boy (at least compared to his brother).

Here are the stats:

Height:  30 Inches (59%)
Weight: 22 lbs. 11 oz (49%)
Head Circ: 47.2 cm (A whopping 75%)

I guess his head size makes up for how small the rest of him is.

Samuel was 93% in height (31.5 inches), 90% in weight (26.5 lbs) and 55% in head circ. (46.5 cm).  That is a big difference.

I will post pictures later of my cake eater.  He loved his cake and we loved celebrating his birthday.  I just can't believe that he is already one.  Tears..

1 comment:

Charisa said...

Happy birthday sweet boy! It has gone fast, hasn't it?!? It's funny when Joseph was a baby I thought he resembled Dave, but now I'm thinking he looks like your side of the family more. Watching them grow and change is great! Can't wait to see what one more year of growing brings!