Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I have never really been a fan of Valentine's Day.  I actually think it is a pretty useless holiday, but this year it has been so much more fun because Samuel is so excited.  He remembered that we had made Valentine's for all his friends and he was so excited to get to school to give them to the kids.  Thanks for all your ideas and help, I posted a picture of the bags I made below.  

Here is a picture of Samuel from last week.  I got him this jacket and he LOVES it.  He wants to wear it all the time and has to have his hood pulled up.  He walked around all day with his hood on.  



This morning I was driving Samuel to school and I was at a stop light.  I turned around to look at the boys and they were holding hands.  It was truly the cutest thing I had ever seen.  Samuel at one point leaned over and kissed Joseph's hand and Joseph died laughing.  I am in love with these two little boys!


So here are my gift bags.  I put a small container of play-doh, some mini M&M's and a sheet of stickers, wrapped them up and put the heart tags on them (thanks Charisa for how to say Happy Valentine's Day in Spanish, I thought that was a great idea).  I feel pretty happy with my first attempt.  Hopefully over the years I will get more and more creative.



Funny quote from Samuel today.  We were walking into his school and he looked up at me and said, "There are going to be lots of kisses today!"  He wasn't kidding.  He walked into his classroom, like he ruled the place, walked up to one of the little girls and laid a big smooch on her.  She just pushed him away and started laughing.  I couldn't believe he did that!  Then he walked up to the teacher and gave her all of the Valentine's and said, "Look at all the presents I brought!"  He cracks me up.  

I am off to try to exercise!  Have a wonderful heart day.

1 comment:

megan said...

The Valentines turned out great!! And hilarious about the kisses. You've got a ladies man on your hands! Must take after Dave... :)