Wednesday, August 11, 2010

6 months old

Joseph turned 6 months old this past Saturday. Here are some pictures of him on his half-birthday. He has really gotten chubby and his ears are really starting to stick out too. I still think he is a cute little baby!




For some reason I didn't post Samuel's 6 month statistics on my blog, so I am going to do that now because I like to see the difference in their growth development.

Samuel at 6 months: Joseph at 6 months:
Height: 26.75 in (64%) 26.5 in (55%)
Weight: 18 lbs 15 oz (76%) 18 lbs (61%)
Head cir.: 43.25 cm (36%) 45 cm (83%)

Although the percentages make it seems like they are drastically different in size, the actual numbers aren't too far off.

It is time for me to start making baby food again. We gave Joseph a little taste of sweet potato last night and he hated it. He gagged and made faces and acted like we were trying to shove huge pieces of food down his throat. We will try it every night for the next week and see if he starts to like it. The doctor said we could try a new food every three days and to start giving him some food in the morning and in the evening. I can't imagine what his weight gain is going to be in the next few months. I still can't believe that 6 months have already gone by.

Since the boys have been sick and we haven't gotten much sleep in the last few weeks, both Dave and I have not exercised. We both feel terrible and are desperately missing spinning class. I am hoping I can go tomorrow. Even though I haven't been exercising I have good news. I am at the weight I was when I got pregnant with Joseph, which is still 7 pounds over where I was when I got pregnant with Samuel and at least 5 more pounds then where I really want to be. I am really hoping that the extra weight will keep coming off. I still can't fit into clothes I could wear before I got pregnant with Joseph. The weight has redistributed to other places. My body is no where near where it was, but I am working on that. I don't ever expect that my body will go back to where it was pre-baby, that would be ridiculous for me to think that way, but if I can just tighten up and lose some extra fat rolls, I will be happy.

I am off to relax and try to get Joseph to sleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

being the oma, i am just so proud of the beautiful pictures. As i am looking at them, my co-worker remarked that she saw a huge resemblance to David, actually i see both.
HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY !

WE LOVE YOU.

megan said...

Awww, so cute!!! He's so adorable.

And congrats on getting back down to your weight!! That is terrific! You'll be back where you want to be in no time. :)

Anonymous said...

How A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E that Joseph is!!! It looks like you have another big (and extremely cute) boy on your hands. Those twinkling brown eyes of his are stunning. I think he looks like your Mom and Jonathan. Hope you are doing well, sounds like you are.

Happy Birthday.

Paula