Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

I am happy that 2010 is over and a new year is starting.  Even though 2010 brought me my beautiful baby Joseph and then ended with the arrival of Haidyn, we had a lot of loss in our family.  My grandfather and Bube passed away.  I started off the year with three living grandparents and ended with just one.  I am looking forward to a productive and fulfilling year.  

I have a long list of New Year's resolutions.  Some are small and others I just want to work on all year long and see what I can accomplish.  I will share one because I am in the process of doing it.  I wanted to do a week long detox/body cleanse.  I started it yesterday.  I am trying to eat healthier and taking the cleansing pills.  So far I don't feel any different, except for a little bloated because I am drinking this fiber drink twice a day.  I will let you know how it goes.  I should be done next Monday.  I would like to lose at least 10 more pounds in the next year (actually by March), if possible.  I figured this would give me a good start.  

Yesterday Joseph had Mother's Day Out and Samuel 's school doesn't start until Thursday, so I decided we would have a fun day together.  We headed to Trader Joe's to do some shopping so he could push the cart, then we went to see Tangled.  Let me just say, it wasn't exactly the day I was hoping it was going to be.  Samuel for once wasn't into shopping.  He didn't feel like pushing the cart and didn't feel like walking around the store.  It was a little disappointing.  Then when we got to the movie theatre, he ran straight for the arcade and screamed when I tried to drag him out of there.  We got popcorn and he ate for a really long time, but he doesn't really get the concept of being quiet in the theatre.  He was loudly telling me how good the popcorn was, that he needed to go pee pee, then he followed up with a big belch and a loud excuse me.  It wasn't exactly a happy parenting moment.  The theatre was actually pretty packed with families.  About halfway through Samuel was getting antsy.  I told him we could leave, but he decided to stick it out.  I didn't think he liked the movie much, but then last night he asked if I could take him back.  It was a cute movie.  

Okay, both of the boys are up now and going nuts, so I better drink me coffee and start my day.

Happy New Year!!!

No comments: