Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February must end

I am so sick of this month.  Things just get worse and worse.  So since my last post I ended up taking Simone to the doctor again because her cough was getting worse.  Turns out she had/has RSV.  I thought having croup in the house was bad, but holy shit RSV is the worst.  She hasn't been sleeping at night for a week and a half.  I am getting about 4 hours of interrupted sleep each night on a good night.  I am absolutely exhausted.  There are moments when I feel like I am going to flip and just start screaming at everyone.  I am so tired and worn out.

I looked at the calendar yesterday and realized that Dave and I haven't slept one full night in the same bed since February 15th.  When Samuel and Joseph were super sick I slept with them because they were waking up too often and would only sleep when I was next to them.  Then Simone has been unbearable since the 18th.  It is terrible.  Last night Dave and I started out in bed together, but when Simone woke up at 2:15 she was a mess, so I told Dave to sleep in the other room so he could get some rest.

This month has got to end.  My mom came in town this past weekend and stayed until last night.  Of course the kids all slept better then they had for weeks while she was here.  Then she leaves last night and the boys were up several times in the middle of the night.  This is getting so ridiculous.

I have never experienced a sickness like RSV.  Simone can't breathe through her nose, she is coughing like crazy and she is just miserable.  For two days she wouldn't eat at all during the day and only at night when she was delirious and exhausted, so I was able to get her to nurse.  We tried bottles too, but she just screamed.  She is normally so easy and will let me put her down on the floor and she just chills out.  Last week she screamed non-stop.  I think I held her continuous on Wednesday and Thursday.  My only break was when Dave got home and he held her.  All my carriers got lots of use.

I am stressed about getting our taxes done, writing thank you cards for Joseph's birthday gifts and other gifts and just getting stuff around the house done.

In the mix of all this craziness I did sign Samuel up for summer camp, planned our summer through July, set up a pediatric dermatology appointment for Joseph and an appointment with the pediatric plastic surgeon (we have decided to remove Joseph's birth mark on his bottom).

This weekend all the family is coming in town to celebrate Samuel's 4th birthday.  I guess with kids things just never slow down.

No comments: