Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Worn Out

The past week has been pretty terrible.  Last Tuesday night around 3 am, I was woken up to Samuel throwing up in bed.  I had to change the sheets and his clothes, wash him off, start the laundry and get him back in bed.  Then around 6 am he woke up again and threw up all over the place.  So I striped the bed, changed his clothes, started another load of laundry and got him comfortable again.  He was miserable all day.  He threw up one more time in the morning, but pretty much slept all day long.

On Thursday, luckily Dave had the day off and we went to pick out all of our closet stuff for the new house.  That took all morning long.  Then we tried to relax in the afternoon.  I went out for an attorney happy hour Thursday night, got home at 9:30 and everyone in the house was passed out and asleep.  I felt so old coming home at 9:30 and everyone was asleep it felt like I got home at midnight.

On Friday, I got to run a few errands while I had our babysitter.  Then Dave and I went to a wine tasting on Friday evening for just a few hours.  I wasn't feeling great, so I didn't really drink any wine.  I was worried I was getting whatever Samuel had.  We went to bed by 10 on Friday night.  At around midnight I thought I heard Joseph gagging in his bed, but he didn't really cry or make any other noises, so I just fell back asleep.  At 3:30 he woke up screaming and crying.  I ran into his room and was hit with that disgusting throw up smell.  He had thrown up all over his bed and I guess had fallen back asleep.  The most disgusting thing ever was that it was all caked in his hair and in his clothes.  I changed the sheets, changed his clothes, we washed his hair and tried to clean him up and got him dressed again.  Luckily he went right back to sleep, but then he wasn't a very happy guy the rest of Saturday.

Then Saturday Dave started to feel badly.  He got progressively sicker and sicker.  I am pretty sure that he caught the flu because he was out of commission from Sunday until yesterday evening.  He didn't go to work until today.

I am soooo worn out.  I have been up with all the boys since Wednesday night.  I also haven't been feeling so great, but I think because I got the flu shot it helped.  So that is what my last week has been like.

I am so not ready for Thanksgiving.  Mentally I keep thinking it is the end of October still.  I can't believe that we will be celebrating next week.  I ordered the Turkey yesterday and I am about to make my big shopping list.  I just feel like there is so much to do and I have no time.

After Thanksgiving is over, Hanukkah is the very next week.  Time is flying.

By the way, does anyone know of good designer deal websites both for adults and kids?  Dave joined Ideeli and we have gotten some pretty good stuff there.  I have also heard of Gilt, but I was wondering if anyone else had some places they liked.

I am off.  I will try to post pictures of the house later.  I did post some on Facebook, so you can check there.

4 comments:

megan said...

oh wow, sounds like you've had a tough time!! I hope everyone is feeling better soon!!

Re: designer websites, there is also ruelala. I'll send you a sign up for it if you don't already do that. and Shop it to me, do you want that too?

Charisa said...

onekingslane.com and thefoundary.com

sorry that you're so worn out! hope it gets better!

markandandrea said...

You have been through so much as a mama already! I cringe for the day I gain the same experience.

I think Zulily is also designer deal website. I read a blog about some other sites not that long ago...I'll see if I can track that down for you.

Sarah said...

Thank you everyone for your websites. I like shopping online so much better these days.