Wednesday, November 10, 2010

9 months old

Joseph turned 9 months old on Sunday.  He right front tooth completely broke through the skin on Monday, so now he has two bottom teeth and two top teeth.  Today he kind of started crawling forward.  He has been pushing himself around backwards and rolls around to get things, but hasn't really made much effort to crawl.  Today he actually crawled forward to get a toy.  He still prefers to cry and scream until Samuel throws him a toy or I pick him up, but hopefully soon the crawling will happen more often.  He is actually trying to pull himself up and tries to walk when holding my hands.  Maybe he will move quickly from crawling to walking since it has taken him so long to start crawling.  I looked back at my blog posts and it looks like Samuel started crawling at 7 months.  I am not surprised that it is taking Joseph longer.  He is much more laid back then Samuel ever was.

On Monday I took Samuel to get a new pair of running shoes.  He only had one pair of shoes that fit him and I wanted to get him some running shoes.  The last pair of shoes I got him were in August and he was measuring about 8 and a half, so we got him size 9 shoes, they were supposed to last him through the winter at least.  Well, when he got measured on Monday he was almost a 9 and a half, so we got him a size 10 shoe.  I can't believe he is growing so fast.  We are flying through shoes and clothes.  I also just got him size 4 pants, the size 3 were starting to ride up on him.  I just can't believe how much he is growing.  I look at the shoes and clothes and I think that there is no way he can fit into them because they are so big, but then he puts them on and they fit.  When did my little boy become a big boy!

Here are some 9 month pictures of Joseph and some pictures of Samuel playing in the leaves.  

Joseph at 9 months old


Samuel was having so much fun jumping in the leaves





They are moving pretty quickly on our house.  The walls started to go up on Monday.  They should be working on the framing of the roof by Monday.  Everything looks great so far.  I am starting to get anxious about moving.  I think I am going to start packing stuff up soon.  I figured books and little things can start to be packed.  We might actually be in the house close to the beginning of the year.

We have walls! This is the front of the house

This is the back of the house, the middle is the living room, to the left is going to be Samuel's room and to the right is the Hearth Room and Kitchen

1 comment:

Mom said...

How adorable can he be? You have the most beautiful kids and I'm not saying that because they are my grandsons. The house is really coming along so quickly. Can't wait to see it done.
Love you, Mom