Thursday, July 22, 2010

Not much time

I am finding lately that I have very little time to myself if any during the day. It is hard to post when I barely have time to sit down and eat. Right now I am shoveling in my breakfast and I hear Samuel is already getting up. Joseph luckily is playing in his activity center thing on the floor, so I have about 5 minutes or so to write.

Dave and I talked that probably this weekend we are going to take the step and move Samuel from his crib to a big boy bed. We think it just might be time. I am nervous because I don't want Samuel to start skipping his naps or having issues with him getting out at night, but I really think he is ready. Plus he is so close to being completely potty trained and I bought some overnight Pull-ups, so maybe if he is in a big bed he will learn to get up and go to the bathroom at nap and night time (I am not expecting this anytime in the near future, but I am trying to be hopeful).

I have a babysitter today, so I am going to go shopping for a comforter and bed sheets for his room. I am pretty excited. I also need to get a bed rail. Anyway, I just have a bunch of errands today and I am excited to run them without the boys!

As I mentioned, Samuel is pretty much potty trained. He hasn't had an accident for a few weeks now, but he will not poop in the potty. He waits until I put him in a pull-up and take him to child care at the gym and then he poops. I feel bad for the workers because he literally poops every time I take him to child care. We have tried everything to get him to go in the potty. Samuel is not really motivated by food, so giving him chocolate treats after he pees or poops does nothing. However, we have found he is motivated by money. He wants to put money in his piggy bank "Oink Oink" and we continue to give him pennies for peeing and we tell him he would get silver coins if he goes poop, but it only worked one time. We will keep trying.

Joseph is continuing to talk up a storm. I love his babbling. He gets so animated.

I think I am becoming obsessed with spinning. I love it. I could do it all the time. I am also loving my yoga class. I feel like I am finally getting into a good mental state because of my exercise, which in turn in helping me eat healthier and I am feeling so much better.

Well, sorry to cut this short, but Samuel is really up now and I have to get him.

3 comments:

Charisa said...

Such exciting things! Samuel is sure growing up! Enjoy your day without the kiddos!

Anonymous said...

How exciting for Samuel! I am sure they must have Toy Story Sheets available :0).

Max has been in a big boy bed for about 4 weeks. It is still touch and go and sometimes falls out of the bed even with two rails and pillows via the FOOT of the bed.

I think someone needs to invent pajamas that velcro them into bed. I thought the same thing when Miles was changing over too.

Hope all goes well. The kids a just
A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!

Anonymous said...

Oops!

Message above from Paula in case you couldn't tell.